Arbroath vs Ayr United

Although people slate Boyle and in my opinion he's been pretty shit this season, him missing tonight still leaves a big gap.

He's the only 'proper'  left back we have and Ferguson and Reid have both played there this season and looked terrible but i'd put Ferguson in there tonight over Reid.

Just hope Arbroath don't have a good right winger or that could be a danger area.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although people slate Boyle and in my opinion he's been pretty shit this season, him missing tonight still leaves a big gap.
He's the only 'proper'  left back we have and Ferguson and Reid have both played there this season and looked terrible but i'd put Ferguson in there tonight over Reid.
Just hope Arbroath don't have a good right winger or that could be a danger area.

Pretty shit is a bit harsh. I’ve not made as many games this season - but he has been fine most of the time. He played very well on Saturday.

How come he is a doubt? Where did you get this info from? I hope he plays. We need a physical player like him in attack.
I'd give McCord a chance if we need to replace McKenna and leave Swankie on the bench.
If Wallace isn't performing well enough i'd sub him early so that our attacking style can change with time to make an impact in the game.
Denholm has not been performing well enough recently. If playing he should only play left wing or upfront. He is not making enough impact on the right wing as he has 2 left feet and is not as versatile as Linn.
I believe Scott Martin will be a vital part, to us getting a result from this game.
Mon the lichties!!!

In the courier

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Pretty shit is a bit harsh. I’ve not made as many games this season - but he has been fine most of the time. He played very well on Saturday.

Has improved recently but was in a bad rut for a while during the injury crisis, although get the feeling he was playing and struggling with injuries for a while.

49 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Imo Boyle has been poor as he’s been stuck behind Forrest who isn’t really a wide left player and offers zero defensive support. A big part of his game is getting balls into the box but he hasn’t been able to do this as sitting back. A combination of Forrest and Ferguson would put Boyles performances into perspective 

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Just noticed an Ayr fan getting on the train in Kirkcaldy. Anyone on here?

There's a boy off twitter who supports Ayr and Five Flyers. Probably yer man, don't think he's on here. 

Archived