Arbroath vs Ayr United

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to this tomorrow. The last trip to arbroath was brilliant. We looked like we were in a right game and then blew them away in about fifteen mins.

Any sort of victory tomorrow would do. We're 8 wins and a draw away from the title.

Be strong, chase every ball, shut down every opposition player, take every chance that we create, play like your life depended on it.

EVERY game needs to be like this till the end of the season. If we do this, and win the league, the no one can say we didn't deserve to. 

Not confident of winning the next 3 games , title still very much in the balance , we must play with the intensity of Saturdays game , realistically I think after Tuesdays game at Albion we will be 2 points clear of Raith 

19 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not confident of winning the next 3 games , title still very much in the balance , we must play with the intensity of Saturdays game , realistically I think after Tuesdays game at Albion we will be 2 points clear of Raith 

The reverse of these fixtures were all emphatic Ayr wins. 1-4 at Arbroath, 0-5 at Forfar and 1-5 at Albion. We’re going into this run of games on a real high and with our home form picking up, we look to build on our away form. 

Adams to start tonight, he’s suspended on Saturday which is good timing as he wouldn’t play on plastic anyway. I would likely start with the same 11 from Saturday if possible. Not sure on Boyle making it, but he’ll swap with Fergusson. Doc to come on and get up to speed for Forfar replacing Adams. 2-0 win tonight and Shankland getting one and McDaid the other.

32 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

That implies we will actually win games. That's the issue, even if you drop points(which there is no indication will happen) we have to go on a winning run to make that count.

Ayr just need a draw tonight to or Sat to go top.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The reverse of these fixtures were all emphatic Ayr wins. 1-4 at Arbroath, 0-5 at Forfar and 1-5 at Albion. We’re going into this run of games on a real high and with our home form picking up, we look to build on our away form. 

Adams to start tonight, he’s suspended on Saturday which is good timing as he wouldn’t play on plastic anyway. I would likely start with the same 11 from Saturday if possible. Not sure on Boyle making it, but he’ll swap with Fergusson. Doc to come on and get up to speed for Forfar replacing Adams. 2-0 win tonight and Shankland getting one and McDaid the other.

Adams will be suspended for the Queen's Park game at home - suspension is effective 14 days after the 6th yellow. That's fine though, won't play Saturday so he'll be good to go again at Albion.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Michael McKenna a major doubt for tonight

How come he is a doubt? Where did you get this info from? I hope he plays. We need a physical player like him in attack.

I'd give McCord a chance if we need to replace McKenna and leave Swankie on the bench.

If Wallace isn't performing well enough i'd sub him early so that our attacking style can change with time to make an impact in the game.

Denholm has not been performing well enough recently. If playing he should only play left wing or upfront. He is not making enough impact on the right wing as he has 2 left feet and is not as versatile as Linn.

I believe Scott Martin will be a vital part, to us getting a result from this game.

Mon the lichties!!!

Denholm has not been performing well enough recently. If playing he should only play left wing or upfront. He is not making enough impact on the right wing as he has 2 left feet and is not as versatile as Linn.

Denholm has been in and out of the team recently due to injuries/style of play. I thought he did well on saturday and think both him and bobby r key players, especially given the width they give us, mccord gives us a different type of width but I suspect it will be swankie in for mckenna

Archived