Arbroath vs Ayr United

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Talking about shite keepers....how are your 2?

He has hardly been tested in the games v East Fife and Raith, Airdrie didn't do much either as far as I can recall. It's all very lovely jubbly at the moment.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another massive game for the Super on Wednesday. Raith could put the pressure back on us with a win tomorrow night however depending on Raith's result we could go top of the league on Wednesday night and still have a game in hand.  Arbroath are a right good team so it wont be an easy game but if we perform the way we did on Saturday we should get the 3 points.

Presuming Boyle and Ker both make it I'd just start with the same team as Saturday, if they dont make it then bring in Ferguson to Left Back and stick Docherty in the middle. It's great to have strong options to bring offthe bench. Mental that Craig Moore who is on 21 goals this season didnt even get off the bench on Saturday. We have 3 games in seven days coming up so may need to rotate the squad a little.

I'd go for a hard thought 3-2 win for us. Shankand with 2 and Moore with the other.

I am concerned about this game after the hammering of Raith on Saturday. Wee Dick seems to have McCalls number and both defeats at Somerset we’re well deserved by the better team. Ayr need to remember we are still behind in the league and need to keep the pressure up. I expect Raith to win, so we need to do the same otherwise Saturday will be meaningless. I am hopeful rather than confident. A scrappy 1-0 for Ayr would do me.

Anyone know why the game is being played tomorrow instead of tonight? 
Wednesday must be a training night for Arbroath rather than the usual Tuesday.

I am concerned about this game after the hammering of Raith on Saturday. Wee Dick seems to have McCalls number and both defeats at Somerset we’re well deserved by the better team. Ayr need to remember we are still behind in the league and need to keep the pressure up. I expect Raith to win, so we need to do the same otherwise Saturday will be meaningless. I am hopeful rather than confident. A scrappy 1-0 for Ayr would do me.

To be fair, it is two victories each. Arbroath are a very good side though so will be tough.

Let’s hope Hutton’s back up is even worse than he is!

I think we should go same again for those not hurt.  I would bring Forrest in for Kerr  (Crawford to CM) and Ferguson in for Boyle, but I would imagine Docherty will come in to get some playing time. 

To be fair, it is two victories each. Arbroath are a very good side though so will be tough.

Let’s hope Hutton’s back up is even worse than he is!

Don’t ever reduce Ricardo Gomes to being “David Hutton’s Back-Up” ever again. That man is ten times the keeper Hutton will ever be.

Don’t ever reduce Ricardo Gomes to being “David Hutton’s Back-Up” ever again. That man is ten times the keeper Hutton will ever be.

Well, has Hutton not player in front of him the majority of the season?

Pretty simple concept.

9 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Gomes howler incoming.

Hutton was only signed because Gomes got injured, was away recovering in Portugal. So not really, no.

I had a quick look back, I couldn’t be bothered looking further back but he was playing back up to Hutton in December. Bit of a strange one if he wasn’t Hutton’s back up!

I had a quick look back, I couldn’t be bothered looking further back but he was playing back up to Hutton in December. Bit of a strange one if he wasn’t Hutton’s back up!

Why go to the bother

Gomes was number 1 with John Gibson set to be 2, Gibson pulled out of deal and Hutton was signed after that.

Gomes played v Alloa and got a bad concussion that knocked a tooth out. He was then set to play v Hibs but he pulled out because of the concussion just before KO and Hutton took over.

Gomes took a long time to recover and even when Hutton was in his worst form in November Gomes couldn’t play and we had to go with Big Rab. Hutton has done very well since that day though so he has kept his place.

However Gomes is and was signed as number 1, Hutton is his back up.

I’m sure after all of this Hutton will be back in the goal tomorrow. [emoji4]

Archived