New away kit?

an86

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

I look forward to the day when Scottish society grows up to the extent that people stop obsessing over England.  Move past it.  They're just another country, they're not that interesting.

As for the kit, if it's the one posted a couple of pages back, I'd be fine with that.  Nothing spectacular, but better than our last couple.  Not entirely convinced by what appear to be blue shorts, though.

I don't think anyone except perhaps Henry is obsessed by England.  But the fact remains we are governed by England, that's quite important therefore they're a much bigger factor for us than almost any other country is for any other country.  Denial of that is just denial of reality.  We're an English colony.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

And turkey, and Thailand and Japan and poland and Nigeria. Try again.

None of whom have a football culture to rival that of England.  And Poland has achieved as much as England anyway, despite being less populous.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

None of whom have a football culture to rival that of England.  And Poland has achieved as much as England anyway, despite being less populous.

Oh so it's football culture now too.  And if Poland has achieved as much (populations are actually virtually identical) perhaps that's about the right level of achievement for England then.  Way to undermine your own argument champ.

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

I don't think anyone except perhaps Henry is obsessed by England.  But the fact remains we are governed by England, that's quite important therefore they're a much bigger factor for us than almost any other country is for any other country.  Denial of that is just denial of reality.  We're an English colony.

You see this is where you reveal where you're coming from. 

You wish to denigrate England in this discussion by pointing to a perceived arrogance.  I've no particular Interest in commenting on that.

Instead, I'm looking at evidence and commenting on how little the country has achieved in football.

That's all.  You let an agenda blind you.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You see this is where you reveal where you're coming from. 

You wish to denigrate England in this discussion by pointing to a perceived arrogance.  I've no particular Interest in commenting on that.

Instead, I'm looking at evidence and commenting on how little the country has achieved in football.

That's all.  You let an agenda blind you.

But you refuse to look at evidence that's the whole problem.  You invent reasons to support your preconceptions and just dismiss and contort each time they're shown to be shite. 

I don't wish to denigrate anything you made a statement that England are the biggest underachievers in world football which is patently not true.  I have asked you to prove your assertion you have failed to even attempt to do so.

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Oh so it's football culture now too.  And if Poland has achieved as much (populations are actually virtually identical) perhaps that's about the right level of achievement for England then.  Way to undermine your own argument champ.

What do you mean "now"?

That's what I've been saying all along.

18 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

But you refuse to look at evidence that's the whole problem.  You invent reasons to support your preconceptions and just dismiss and contort each time they're shown to be shite. 

I don't wish to denigrate anything you made a statement that England are the biggest underachievers in world football which is patently not true.  I have asked you to prove your assertion you have failed to even attempt to do so.

It is patently true because other countries similar to England in the key respects that have been identified, do much better.  The fact that some countries with fewer such advantages do well, doesn't dent the fact that England, as a footballing nation, is a spectacular underachiever.

23 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

And if Poland has achieved as much (populations are actually virtually identical) perhaps that's about the right level of achievement for England then.

Actually, you're spot on about the populations being virtually identical.

As long as we can consider 38,000,000 to be virtually identical to 55,000,000 of course.  

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It is patently true because other countries similar to England in the key respects that have been identified, do much better.  The fact that some countries with fewer such advantages do well, doesn't dent the fact that England, as a footballing nation, is a spectacular underachiever.

You're assuming those are the reasons they do well, without offering any kind of supporting argument.  You literally have presented nothing whatsoever to support your original assertion.

6 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Actually that's the first time you used the word culture champ, which is entirely unmeasurable claptrap.

That's quite simply untrue as you'll be able to see by looking back.  I explicitly use the word " culture" in four posts prior to the one that troubles you.

You just say things, don't you.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's quite simply untrue as you'll be able to see by looking back.  I explicitly use the word " culture" in four posts prior to the one that troubles you.

You just say things, don't you.

It's still utter shite no matter how many times you've said it.

Give it up champ we're getting old.

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

It's still utter shite no matter how many times you've said it.

Give it up champ we're getting old.

I know.  I do sympathise with anyone popping in for a look at a new Scotland away kit.

Obviously I'm right though, which is why you've been reduced to posting untrue nonsense about Poland's population, football in Turkey and even my own posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived