BBC bias

2 hours ago, jakedee said:

Interesting article.

In years gone by, the BBC generally did a good job when it came to holding Govts/gov ministers to account. Now we know why that no longer applies.

4 hours ago, jakedee said:

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Interesting article.

In years gone by, the BBC generally did a good job when it came to holding Govts/gov ministers to account. Now we know why that no longer applies.

it feels a bit mad if thats legit; surely the harm/fault/damage lies with the liar, not the people challenging it?? edit: oo i quite liked lies with the liar that feels almost clever by my standards need to remember that

or is that just where we're at now

image.png.72a82f91fd6fa84ad4babda6f190ccf3.png

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Just now, MixuFruit said:

What's a recent article of hers covering the implications of a government policy that you can remember without googling?

I don't ever read her articles tbf. 

I don't think she's some sort of investigative journalist she's always been some house pet reporter that cozies up the no10 to get their latest version of events, without much scrutiny, she's a reporter and she reports what the government says, this doesn't mean she supports it, I can imagine her doing the exact same role had Corbyn won an election or anyone else. People acting like she should be hated because she reports on what Cummings etc does is mental to me and it loses perspective. 

Very cruel and too much misogynistic overtones for my liking. 

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

I'm sure there's a torrent of misogynistic abuse levelled at her and of course this is unacceptable.

This is wholly separate and shouldn't subtract from the criticism of the palace intrigue she majors in that you have accurately described, at the expense of reporting in the public interest on the effects of what the government is doing. She just happend to be the highest profile example of this, and before her, Nick Robinson attracted a similar kind of criticism. Robert Peston does too but doesn't feature here because he isn't BBC, part of the reason I started a general purpose pundits thread. None of them do the hard yards on stuff like you read in the FT or opendemocracy because it's hard and they're lazy like the politicians engaging in gossip that they report on.

It's not separate from the initial point I made, I'm not accusing anyone from here of doing so but especially on Twitter I believe she gets a lot more abuse than Peston etc for a multitude of reasons, one being that she's a woman. 

I believe from watching her and seeing some of her tweets that she is obsessed with politics, she loves the pomp and parliamentary procedure like a giddy child far more than she does any sort of objective morality or argument based politics. So I can see why this rubs people up the wrong way but I think there's a sizable portion of people that mistakenly think she is definitely a Conservative voter, definitely pro Brexit, definitely pro whatever Cummings says and those people don't understand what her job is at all, they just see BBC Political correspondent and expect her to be barging through the front door and verbally terrorising MPs..

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

What point are you even trying to make?

Laura K suffers from misogynistic abuse.

RobobotSophia900 has a programming error when it comes to fairly calling posters out on here for misogyny. 

(In that post you quoted she was speaking about someone that isn't me)

Life would be better if:

1 Scotland had voted YES

2 the U.K. had voted Remain (yes I get the irony)

3 people stopped responding to the trolling cùnt Stormzy

There’s not much we can do at the moment about 1 & 2.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Life would be better if:

1 Scotland had voted YES

2 the U.K. had voted Remain (yes I get the irony)

3 people stopped responding to the trolling cùnt Stormzy

There’s not much we can do at the moment about 1 & 2.

Thankfully I disagree on all 3 points and thankfully so does the general public/Pie and Bovril

😁

Is there a translator in the house?

14 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Also I've just read the 2020 summary thread, @welshbairn please don't ever @ me again. I may have the phone the police. I'm a young man. 

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Also I can actually read so it's cute trying to converse with me without directly tagging me but stop flirting and just @ me next time. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Is there a translator in the house?

1.You were accused of doing noncey stuff on another part of the forum  

2. The other guy could tag me, if he was really so outraged by my contributions it would be wiser to not speak about me indirectly. 

42 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I believe from watching her and seeing some of her tweets that she is obsessed with politics, she loves the pomp and parliamentary procedure like a giddy child far more than she does any sort of objective morality or argument based politics

She's the chief political correspondent for the BBC lol not some fucking YouTuber.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

She's the chief political correspondent for the BBC lol not some fucking YouTuber.

She's allowed to be excited she does a job she clearly loves..

Aye, how great it would be if the correspondent couldn't correspond any government information because they're not allowed in the door. 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

She's allowed to be excited she does a job she clearly loves..

Aye, how great it would be if the correspondent couldn't correspond any government information because they're not allowed in the door. 

It shouldn't when it turns her into a stenographer for the Conservative Party. Not really interested either in discussing what the motivations are to frequently act as a human shield for Boris Johnson when the outcome is the same.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

It shouldn't when it turns her into a stenographer for the Conservative Party. Not really interested either in discussing what the motivations are to frequently act as a human shield for Boris Johnson when the outcome is the same.

As I've said before I think you may be misreading her job role and expecting a bit more from her than what her employers expect. I'd imagine she would act the exact same if it was Corbyn in charge or if she was suddenly demoted to being SNP correspondent or something she would equally fawn over Sturgeon. It's her job to relay what government says, then everyone else can dissect it afterwards.