BBC bias

12 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

It's her job to relay what government says, then everyone else can dissect it afterwards. 

She frequently editorialises so this is just not true. The tweet I shared (that you initially made snide accusations of misogyny over) she is literally attempting to do her own analysis. 

17 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

As I've said before I think you may be misreading her job role and expecting a bit more from her than what her employers expect. I'd imagine she would act the exact same if it was Corbyn in charge or if she was suddenly demoted to being SNP correspondent or something she would equally fawn over Sturgeon.

If this was true then why did Brian Taylor not equally fawn over Sturgeon and Salmond throughout his time as Kuennsberg's equivalent up here?

13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

She frequently editorialises so this is just not true. The tweet I shared (that you initially made snide accusations of misogyny over) she is literally attempting to do her own analysis. 

If this was true then why did Brian Taylor not equally fawn over Sturgeon and Salmond throughout his time as Kuennsberg's equivalent up here?

Right I think you've misunderstood my initial post, I certainly wasnt making snide accusations towards yourself. Apologies for not being clearer that I wasn't directing that at yourself. 

Aye I dont read her pieces so I'm just going from the reporting I've seen on TV shows in which I find she always relays what the government says accurately, perhaps she's more opinionated in her written pieces? 

I'd say he too clearly enjoys his role and does get similarly excited and animated in explaining political procedure that puts most people to sleep, perhaps less so when discussing the characters involved but I don't think it's enough to really have much criticism over. 

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Do you accept that what the government says might be better submitted to a bit more analysis and translated into what it might mean for normal people? Particularly for all the anonymous briefing stuff she's gone strangely quiet on recently. 200 large seems a lot of money to pay someone to just say what the government's saying.

I agree it could be and it is on many different platforms, the BBC is right to remain neutral when reporting what the government says and they usually have more analysis on Newsnight, Politics Live etc.

I think people can criticise the BBC but think the personal attacks on LK are trivial and needless. 

Laura Kuenssberg is a political editor. That means she has some degree of editorial control in what is reported and how it is reported. If you think there's valid criticism of the BBC's political output, then any criticism of Kuesnssberg is also perfectly valid.

Absolutely wild that some here are trying to portray her as an innocent cub reporter and accusations of misogyny seem a bit hollow when you're basically describing her as a silly wee lassie who acts like a giddy child when she gets to talk to the big important politics men.

I don't ever read her articles tbf. 
I don't think she's some sort of investigative journalist she's always been some house pet reporter that cozies up the no10 to get their latest version of events, without much scrutiny, she's a reporter and she reports what the government says, this doesn't mean she supports it, I can imagine her doing the exact same role had Corbyn won an election or anyone else. People acting like she should be hated because she reports on what Cummings etc does is mental to me and it loses perspective. 
Very cruel and too much misogynistic overtones for my liking. 

She is no more than a client journalist giving genuine journalists a bad name by regurgitating whatever crap she is fed by Johnson and his proxies.

Laura Kuenssberg is a political editor. That means she has some degree of editorial control in what is reported and how it is reported. If you think there's valid criticism of the BBC's political output, then any criticism of Kuesnssberg is also perfectly valid.
Absolutely wild that some here are trying to portray her as an innocent cub reporter and accusations of misogyny seem a bit hollow when you're basically describing her as a silly wee lassie who acts like a giddy child when she gets to talk to the big important politics men.
Coupled to that, if never seen any comment about her other than the quality of her work. No one has called her thick, no one has commented on her looks or any other classic misogynistic takes. Folk quite simply post up the things that she says, and laugh at the ridiculous slants she puts on them under the guise of an impartial journalist.

This misogyny stuff going on here is the worst sort of trolling, the sort that generally points to said troll being a right horrible c**t.

11 hours ago, Stormzy said:

You guys could learn from Mixu and try to actually understand opposing viewpoints rather than degrading them to the most basic purile point of views based on your assumptions of opinions. 

PARKLIFE!

Edited by Gordon EF

On 13/12/2020 at 11:44, Stormzy said:

As I've said before I think you may be misreading her job role and expecting a bit more from her than what her employers expect. I'd imagine she would act the exact same if it was Corbyn in charge or if she was suddenly demoted to being SNP correspondent or something she would equally fawn over Sturgeon. It's her job to relay what government says, then everyone else can dissect it afterwards. 

No, that's the job of the Government's official spokesperson.

Any half-way competent journalist scrutinises and reports objectively, Kuenssberg just parrots verbatim whatever the f**k shite she's fed, under threat of being booted out of the club.

14 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

No, that's the job of the Government's official spokesperson.

Any half-way competent journalist scrutinises and reports objectively, Kuenssberg just parrots verbatim whatever the f**k shite she's fed, under threat of being booted out of the club.

So who boots her out of what club? 

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

The Tory government that has publicly admitted that they have no compunction with picking and choosing which media outlets they will cooperate with.

Do you think the BBC have a problem with this?

It's mental how bad she seems to be at her job description that everyone seems so clued up about yet the BBC don't seem to notice, maybe someone should tell them they're paying extortionate amounts to some journalist that's gone rogue with incompetence and failing at their job. 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Do you think the BBC have a problem with this?

It's mental how bad she seems to be at her job description that everyone seems so clued up about yet the BBC don't seem to notice, maybe someone should tell them they're paying extortionate amounts to some journalist that's gone rogue with incompetence and failing at their job. 

No, the bbc obviously want to cosy up to the licence fee threatening tories and have selected a died in the wool Tory shill as their main politico to achieve that end.