Netflix

Biscuits

Just finished watching the first series of Altered Carbon. Thought it was pretty decent, without being like amazing. Will still watch season 2 though.
Season 2 has alot less nudity, just to prepare you!

Money Heist . Canna find a thread. Its teckle 
It's brilliant. And plain stupid. But brilliant nonetheless.

The characters are mostly the kind of c***s you'd hate but somehow it's difficult to. The narrative definitely gets you on the side of the baddies.

Who's your favourite characters? - I think I'm in love with Nairobi, not that she's a grade a stunner or whatever.

Finished After Life.
Probably the saddest thing I've watched. Plenty of tears. Very moving in places and some good laughs. Very recognisable cast, the majority of whom were in Life On The Road, but don't hold that against them.
Gervais is excellent here.
Also, there's a phenomenal dog.
Absolutely brilliant viewing.

It's true that I wasn't always a fan of Gervais, or at least his work, but gave After Life a shot and thought it was amazing.

Then decided to watch Derek again. Very much enjoyed it, think maybe first time around I thought Gervais was just taking the piss out of the downtrodden and the mentally challenged. Not so sure it is the case with Derek.

38 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

The characters are mostly the kind of c***s you'd hate but somehow it's difficult to. The narrative definitely gets you on the side of the baddies.

Who's your favourite characters? - I think I'm in love with Nairobi, not that she's a grade a stunner or whatever.

Don't think I have a favourite. Went through spells of hating/ liking them off. 

However probably Berlin or Moscow

Edited by G_Man1985

Absolutely brilliant viewing.

It's true that I wasn't always a fan of Gervais, or at least his work, but gave After Life a shot and thought it was amazing.

Then decided to watch Derek again. Very much enjoyed it, think maybe first time around I thought Gervais was just taking the piss out of the downtrodden and the mentally challenged. Not so sure it is the case with Derek.
He definitely isn't taking the piss. Again, a lot of folk don't get Gervais so just assume he's a horrible wee man. Derek got a fair amount of stick but it highlighted a lot of very real issues about our poor care system with a few laughs added in.

Nairobi, Helsinki, Berlin. Berlin is beautifully played. An absolute fucking bampot but very funny none the less.

And yes, Nairobi is absolutely Grade A.

Nairobi, Helsinki, Berlin. Berlin is beautifully played. An absolute fucking bampot but very funny none the less.

And yes, Nairobi is absolutely Grade A.
Berlin is amazing. He's obviously an utter c**t but he's played so well.

Apparently if they'd known there was a series beyond the mint.....

He definitely isn't taking the piss. Again, a lot of folk don't get Gervais so just assume he's a horrible wee man. Derek got a fair amount of stick but it highlighted a lot of very real issues about our poor care system with a few laughs added in.
Exactly what I was meaning. First time around I thought it was a pile of shit. However many years ago that it came out.

Watching it again I realised that it's a very clever show.

Not finished it yet but a good way in to The Last Dance. 

First thing that struck me was "this is The Defiant Ones" but with basketball rather than Hip Hop and sure enough, a quick google revealed that's exactly what inspired the director. Like The Last Dance, you don't need any interest in the subject matter to be drawn in. Worth checking if you liked The Last Dance anyway. 

Absolutely loved the Detroit Piston's no-nonsense approach to dealing with Jordan. 

Really cracking series. Love the terrible suits, some of the cars. Rodman was some boy too. 

Had worried the whole thing could be a bit dry and a bit worthy but not at all. 

Anyone watch schitts creek?
I really enjoyed it. Started off feeling like a time passer but whickly got into it. Really get to like the characters and it does feel like a well told story. Bit of a feelgood thing. David and Patrick's is one of the most heartwarming sitcom relationships of all time aswell.