Netflix

Biscuits

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I have had Netflix for several years but barely watched anything on it other than Stranger Things and the Ted Bundy tapes.

Can one of you hardcore Netflix geeks compile a top 10 biggest/must watch shows as I always forget which ones I’ve heard of, sound good and want to see. 

1. Making A Murderer. 

Cobra Kai.

Tried IASIP several times, it does my head in with all the screaming they do, find it very nippy.

You seem like a Suds kind of guy...

13 years late but is Breaking Bad worth watching? Only 5 seasons so not a massive commitment looking at it.

I enjoyed Breaking Bad but didn't think it was as good as a lot of people make out. Is it good/great television? Yes. Is it the best Series to ever grace the screen? Not for me.

It took me a few attempts to get into it as I found it slow in the beginning but it builds nicely. Either S4 or 5, can't mind which, I binged so quickly as it was incredible episode to episode. There's a scene with Gus Fring that is jaw droppingly brilliant. A scene I don't think I'll forget.

1) Don’t f**k with cats
2) Santa Clarita Diet
3) Better Call Saul
4) Tiger King
6) Fyre Festival
7) Bojack Horseman
default_cool.png abjucted in plain sight
9) unsolved mysteries
10) Trailer Park Boys

Some decent shouts. I'd sway people away from Santa Clarita purely because the fuckers shockingly cancelled it :(

Two episodes in to S2 of I Am A Killer and it's resulted in me shaking my head furiously as well as shouting at the tele. The first one being the moronic mother being all lovey dovey with the killer yet didn't get her son the help he so obviously needed. And the one which I was raging with was the best pal defending the nonce as if it never happened. It's not hard to see why victims are scared to come forward when you get fuckwits like that getting airtime.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

1) Don’t f**k with cats
2) Santa Clarita Diet
3) Better Call Saul
4) Tiger King
6) Fyre Festival
7) Bojack Horseman
8) abjucted in plain sight
9) unsolved mysteries
10) Trailer Park Boys

Forgot I’d watched 1 & 6. 

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Cobra Kai.

Replaces 1 above. Been mentioned in the group chat a few times. 

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

13 years late but is Breaking Bad worth watching? Only 5 seasons so not a massive commitment looking at it.

Not the best show ever as its fanboys insist (the women are generally written pretty terribly for example) and there's a few critiques of the show which I can't look past but it's a great watch all around. Terrific performances from a few actors that you wouldn't expect to see such quality from even if it has typecast Giancarlo Espasito for the rest of his career.

Not the best show ever as its fanboys insist (the women are generally written pretty terribly for example) and there's a few critiques of the show which I can't look past but it's a great watch all around. Terrific performances from a few actors that you wouldn't expect to see such quality from even if it has typecast Giancarlo Espasito for the rest of his career.
Agreed. The rave reviews scunnered me with it first time around. Second watch was much better.

As far as best of Netflix, that's Narcos for me. Ozark and Mindhunters are also first class tv

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Some decent shouts. I'd sway people away from Santa Clarita purely because the fuckers shockingly cancelled it :(

Funny, I sway people towards El Patron del Mal because its 80 odd episodes, all in Spanish :lol:

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

A show that should've had one season. Much like Westworld. Diminishing returns.

Angry Black And White GIF

Just finished the Night Stalker documentary. Considering there's been a lot of very average documentary series out recently but this was much better. Not overly stretched at just 4 episodes and the two detectives were very good.

Also watched the last series of The Good Place. A decent but not spectacular finish to a good show.

For general/past stuff to watch on Netflix, things that jump to my mind include:

James Acaster Repertoire (4 slightly linked stand up shows)

Dark (mainly series 1)

American Vandal 

Mindhunter

Any Netflix list that doesn't have stranger things on it is plainly wrong

It’s been on my list for sometime to watch. Got 20 minutes into episode one then had to go out and never got back to it.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Agreed. The rave reviews scunnered me with it first time around. Second watch was much better.

As far as best of Netflix, that's Narcos for me. Ozark and Mindhunters are also first class tv

Mindhunters is great but it is very annoying that it was cancelled after the second series.

23 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I have had Netflix for several years but barely watched anything on it other than Stranger Things and the Ted Bundy tapes.

Can one of you hardcore Netflix geeks compile a top 10 biggest/must watch shows as I always forget which ones I’ve heard of, sound good and want to see. 

1. Making A Murderer. 

top of my list remains Travelers

Also watched the last series of The Good Place. A decent but not spectacular finish to a good show.

Aye I thought the first two seasons were really good and the last two were fine. Interesting if not as funny but I appreciate they knew to call it quits and wrap it up in a satisfying way. They could’ve easily dragged the arse out of it like The Office or Parks and Recs.