Netflix

Biscuits

On 05/12/2020 at 11:46, peasy23 said:

Halfway through How To Fix a Drugs Scandal. True story of how 2 chemists in labs in Massachusetts caused thousands of drug convictions to be quashed, one by falsifying drug reports, the other by consuming the drugs they were testing while working.

On 05/12/2020 at 20:45, sfha said:

Up to episode 3 of Trial4. Good grief,  Boston PD were, still are(?) corrupt as f**k! A witness who was brought in to ID the suspect was the neice of an investigating detective!?!?! Riveting!

Just watched both of these. The corruption of the Boston Police and Prosecutors was absolutely incredible/infuriating. That fat old c**t with the shaved white hair was absolutely at it. 

The Drugs Scandal series was also quite mental.

I think the moral of the story is not to get on the wrong side of the law in Massachusetts. Endemic corruption. 

Ripper on Netflix, the series about the Yorkshire Ripper investigation is excellent, with the usual conclusion that police (mainly the ones in charge) were very ‘70s and a bit clown 🤡 shoes. The series was well made in that you felt sorry for the victims and it didn’t glorify the serial killer.

The only missing bit is a follow up on Wearside Jack. Going by his Wiki page, that boys life could be made into a dark comedy. Shortly after the hoax calls/letters, he obviously felt unbearably guilty as he had misdirected the police investigation which led to the death of more women. He jumped off a bridge hoping to end it all and landed on a boat.

Ripper on Netflix, the series about the Yorkshire Ripper investigation is excellent, with the usual conclusion that police (mainly the ones in charge) were very ‘70s and a bit clown 🤡 shoes. The series was well made in that you felt sorry for the victims and it didn’t glorify the serial killer.
The only missing bit is a follow up on Wearside Jack. Going by his Wiki page, that boys life could be made into a dark comedy. Shortly after the hoax calls/letters, he obviously felt unbearably guilty as he had misdirected the police investigation which led to the death of more women. He jumped off a bridge hoping to end it all and landed on a boat.

Watching the first episode and can’t help thinking that the first victim looks a lot like Myra Hindley.

Finished the ripper, it was interesting and there was new information in it even for a well known series of murders.

I didn't know he kept going back to the unfound bodies or rearranged the women and contents of their handbags. He was escalating and growing as a killer getting more brazen as time went by.

That feminist was a boot and should just get in the sea.

Pretty much sums up policing, the cops on the street carrying out the groundwork were on the right track but upper management knew better and cost women their lives.

The £5 note was the key and although they would need to make presumptions it should have been the focus of their investigationo along with the tyre tracks and the size 7 feet. Oh and lets not forget the living victims giving descriptions including his accent. 

Interesting theme developing here - plenty posters expressing disdain for the "feminist bint", yet no mention of the mounting pile of dead prostitutes before the first "innocent" victim.

Quality series, I thought, which explained a lot of the atmosphere in the relationships between the sexes when I first moved down here.

Interesting theme developing here - plenty posters expressing disdain for the "feminist bint", yet no mention of the mounting pile of dead prostitutes before the first "innocent" victim.

Quality series, I thought, which explained a lot of the atmosphere in the relationships between the sexes when I first moved down here.
The prostitutes that they just assumed were prostitutes because of their lifestyle and had no evidence to suggest that line of work aswell but doesn't take away from the fact that these woman that hate all men do worse for the feminist community than help it.

I just found the feminist view really quite stupid tbh. "They can't tell us to stay in the house!?" kind of felt like a 'pick your battles' scenario. The guy is clearly targeting women, why wouldn't the recommendation be for women to stay off the streets at night?

The police and media were an absolute disgrace throughout as well. As were a lot of middle class people as well it seemed. No one really paid much attention to the working class murders but the minute someone they see as closer to their equal they sit up and pay attention.

I never knew much about the Yorkshire Ripper story before this but enjoyed the programme.

Alice in Borderland

Absolutely loved this and is comfortably the best thing I've watched on Netflix in a while. Starts off 3 young guys are messing about in the centre of Tokyo and run away from the police. They hop into a toilet cubicle. Then the lights go out. They leave the toilet and Tokyo is deserted.

A few hours later a white screen appears and they have to participate in a live or die real life game. This is the premise for the other episodes. Lots of WTF moments throughout and it has to guessing constantly. Nearer the end it gets really weird.

I can't recommend it enough. Note, it isn't a Limited Series though. Thankfully :D

Watched all the Ripper programmes last night.  Thought I knew a fair bit about the story having watched the recent BBC documentary on this. However, they had on the member of the public who came across the mutilated body of a 19 year old girl in Manachester....he looked so familiar then it dawned on me that it was indeed Les Battersby (Bruce Jones in real life)  Quite amazing

Watched all the Ripper programmes last night.  Thought I knew a fair bit about the story having watched the recent BBC documentary on this. However, they had on the member of the public who came across the mutilated body of a 19 year old girl in Manachester....he looked so familiar then it dawned on me that it was indeed Les Battersby (Bruce Jones in real life)  Quite amazing

He was a suspect in that murder as well, they didn’t mention that in the series

There are many sites for broadcasting TV shows, movies and series online, each with its own advantages. For their economic competition, these websites have to compete with the costs of movies and series, as well as the costs they receive from their users.
Some of these sites work in specialized areas, some of which I want to introduce to you here; So stay with me.
Netflix site
Netflix is one of the most popular online streaming sites for movies and series, which has a dedicated network on satellite networks. Netflix is one of the most popular online movie and series streaming platforms.
Televika
Televika is one of the platforms whose main focus is on movies and series of Asian countries. At Telvika, you can also watch live broadcasts on the television networks of these countries

Really disappointed to hear the response for Death to 2020. When Brooker does satire it’s usually superb, but I feared the worst when I found out he was doing a shiny, sanitised, Americanised version of his Screenwipe shows (or something that was meant to be in a similar vein).

I probably will watch it out of curiosity but it doesn’t sound great. Especially disappointing given how brilliant Antiviral Wipe was earlier in the year.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Really disappointed to hear the response for Death to 2020. When Brooker does satire it’s usually superb, but I feared the worst when I found out he was doing a shiny, sanitised, Americanised version of his Screenwipe shows (or something that was meant to be in a similar vein).

I probably will watch it out of curiosity but it doesn’t sound great. Especially disappointing given how brilliant Antiviral Wipe was earlier in the year.

It's not bad really, raises the odd chuckle. But it's a long way from his more acerbic stuff back in the day 

I quite enjoyed death to 2020 but i had fairly low expectations. I thought Sam Jackson's character didn't work at all and a couple of the others were one joke done several times (Lisa Kudrow and angry woman). Hugh Grant and the Soccer Mom were great. Diane Morgan was basically a depressed version of Philhomena Cunk. I feel bad for Barry Shitpeas that he never got in it. 

The obvious issue is that any comedy material will look pale in comparison to the actual antics of Trump and his English tribute act.