Netflix

Biscuits

Joan is Awful was very good.

Loch Henry I thought was shite, surprised that people liked that. Dreadful accents from the main actor and maw, telegraphed twist and without a dystopian/technology angle it doesn't belong in a Black Mirror series.

edit: also, Loch fucking Henry? What a stupid name, could they not have given it a more Scottish sounding one?

Edited by Jives Miguel

On 28/06/2023 at 09:31, Jives Miguel said:

Joan is Awful was very good.

Loch Henry I thought was shite, surprised that people liked that. Dreadful accents from the main actor and maw, telegraphed twist and without a dystopian/technology angle it doesn't belong in a Black Mirror series.

edit: also, Loch fucking Henry? What a stupid name, could they not have given it a more Scottish sounding one?

It’s not been a great series so far.   The best episode was the one involving actors playing themselves playing ordinary folk.

On 29/06/2023 at 18:18, BallochSonsFan said:

Witcher series 3.

3 episodes in and they've absolutely fucked it. Huge gaps in whats happening within the same episode, never mind between all 3. Fundamentally changing the nature of characters.

It's fucked. Absolutely fucked.

I'm a bit confused about what's going on tbh. My knowledge of the whole lore is basically the wild hunt game so I'm not as invested in it as some folk but the plot is a bit all over the place. I'm still enjoying it in a way, but would have been better keeping the 3 of them together and on the lam for a bit longer 

34 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

I'm a bit confused about what's going on tbh. My knowledge of the whole lore is basically the wild hunt game so I'm not as invested in it as some folk but the plot is a bit all over the place. I'm still enjoying it in a way, but would have been better keeping the 3 of them together and on the lam for a bit longer 

The games take place after the books, so very little from the games should be in the TV show.

The books were good enough. The TV writers didnt need to go so far off track.

I enjoyed watching this season of Black Mirror but it didn't feel very Black Mirror really, aside from Joan is Awful. 

I liked beyond the sea but the ending was always going to be one of about 2 or 3 variations of the same theme. 

Mazey Day was shite and Demon 79 was a good watch, and fun. But certainly a departure, which was at least acknowledged with the Red Mirror label.

One thing about Loch Henry that was good was the video footage of the maw.... That was so real and disgustingly depraved looking it made your skin crawl. 

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

One thing about Loch Henry that was good was the video footage of the maw.... That was so real and disgustingly depraved looking it made your skin crawl. 

It's the wee dance she does when holding the drill. 

On 29/06/2023 at 10:47, Stellaboz said:

Woodstock 99.

The absolute worst of humanity all thrown together with all the wrong ingredients. An utter cuntfest that makes me think they should have just nuked the place.

Watched this last year so can't remember his name, but the chief organiser guy who more or less said that the women who were groped and sexually assaulted had, to an extent brought in on themselves (remember it was 110° that weekend) by wearing very little and, in some cases being topless was, one of the scumiest statements I've heard on some time. 

Go to any beach or holiday resort in similar hot weather you will see a lot of women topless etc, you wouldn't just go up to them and grab their tits and arse, or go even further would you?  Unless you're Donald Trump maybe....

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's the wee dance she does when holding the drill. 

Spoiler

also the fact that at the end at the Awards party in the pub, theres folk wearing the same masks as she had on - sums up todays culture to a tee!

Never played the games or read the books so have no clue what the story there is in The Witcher, but enjoyed part of 1 of series 3.

For such a big show though there were a couple of really dodgy green screen scenes, most notably when Ciri is being chased by The Wild Hunt. There's also a really ropey one when Ciri and Geralt are talking with a backdrop of a forest and mountains.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Never played the games or read the books so have no clue what the story there is in The Witcher, but enjoyed part of 1 of series 3.

For such a big show though there were a couple of really dodgy green screen scenes, most notably when Ciri is being chased by The Wild Hunt. There's also a really ropey one when Ciri and Geralt are talking with a backdrop of a forest and mountains.

There was one scene we noticed with Ciri and Yen where the forest in the back was clearly green screen. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

There was one scene we noticed with Ciri and Yen where the forest in the back was clearly green screen. 

Aye that's the one! Mad how poor it looked for such a big show.

On 04/07/2023 at 08:21, DA Baracus said:

Aye that's the one! Mad how poor it looked for such a big show.

Did you see the tiger in The Walking Dead? Genuinely burst out laughing watching it.