Rangers vs Kilmarnock 17th March

14 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Really wish c**** would read my posts properly, I never said I had gleaned from his interviews he wouldn't go , to repeat what I said, from the interviews I have heard Clarke give it appears as though he has no overriding desire to leave Rugby Park , your embellishment of my post to suit your own argument is beyond belief.

Another happy post from happyaccie.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Big deal Kenny dalglish was a massive rangers fan and signed for Celtic.  Are his brothers going to triple or quadruple his wages?  These people are professionals trying to reach the top in their industry, there's just no reason to stay.  

Big deal Derek McInnes is a biuenose to the core, but he rejected going to Ibrox a few months ago, where his salary and budget would have been enhanced substantially, not everyone regards money as the only consideration, Kilmarnock fans are well aware Steve Clarke will move on at some point as he will look to progress, but your opinion that money will play a part has been dismantled by the fact that McInnes turned down sevco.

Big deal Derek McInnes is a biuenose to the core, but he rejected going to Ibrox a few months ago, where his salary and budget would have been enhanced substantially, not everyone regards money as the only consideration, Kilmarnock fans are well aware Steve Clarke will move on at some point as he will look to progress, but your opinion that money will play a part has been dismantled by the fact that McInnes turned down sevco.

For once I agree with you.

Obviously a huge pay increase is tempting for anyone but if you’re bright enough to see the big picture it isn’t all that.

After all what’s worth more, smaller salary but the security that your job is virtually safe or huge pay increase but you could potentially be unemployed within 6 months if things don’t go well.

33 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Big deal Kenny dalglish was a massive rangers fan and signed for Celtic.  Are his brothers going to triple or quadruple his wages?  These people are professionals trying to reach the top in their industry, there's just no reason to stay.  

stick to your own div forum ffs, come back when you get promoted, so see you in a couple of years

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Obviously a huge pay increase is tempting for anyone but if you’re bright enough to see the big picture it isn’t all that.

After all what’s worth more, smaller salary but the security that your job is virtually safe or huge pay increase but you could potentially be unemployed within 6 months if things don’t go well you don't beat them.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

After all what’s worth more, smaller salary but the security that your job is virtually safe or huge pay increase but you could potentially be unemployed within 6 months if things don’t go well.

The McInnes saga was recent enough to support my opinion, but the situation with Clarke is quite removed from the one McInnes had, Steve Clarke was given an opportunity to manage his boyhood team and as he was out of work took up that offer, but he still sees his long term future down south , many killie fans have already expressed he will in all likelihood return south, things may change however and if Clarke were to move his family back north I think most killie fans would be more hopeful to retain Clarke's  services.

10 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

I don't think you can compare Clarke with McInnes. McInnes has managed the team with the 3rd biggest budget to a consistent top 3 finish. He had a great opportunity to win league in one of Celtics poor season and unfortunatly never took it. He also moved to Bristol City before and had a really poor time and since then has turned down opportunities to challenge himself at arguably bigger clubs with bigger expectations I.e. Sunderland and Sevco.

Clarke is managing Killie who have probably a budget in the bottom 1/4 of the teams in the league. So far his record there is fantastic and he has Killie improving all the time. He has proven, unlike McIness that he can compete at a higher level. He also comes across as far more ambitious than McIness. I think he will ultimately move on but think his ambition will take him to a better place than Sevco.

And also well done Killie. Brilliant to see them doing so well. 

36 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Really wish c**** would read my posts properly, I never said I had gleaned from his interviews he wouldn't go , to repeat what I said, from the interviews I have heard Clarke give it appears as though he has no overriding desire to leave Rugby Park , your embellishment of my post to suit your own argument is beyond belief.

Well you hardly would would you, he's not exactly going to state that in a post match interview.

20 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

No as sevco are a financial basket case.  He was willing to speak to them then turned them down after he heard what they can offer.

Would you leave your job for four times your salary?  So would Clarke.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don't think you can compare Clarke with McInnes. McInnes has managed the team with the 3rd biggest budget to a consistent top 3 finish. He had a great opportunity to win league in one of Celtics poor season and unfortunatly never took it. He also moved to Bristol City before and had a really poor time and since then has turned down opportunities to challenge himself at arguably bigger clubs with bigger expectations I.e. Sunderland and Sevco.

Clarke is managing Killie who have probably a budget in the bottom 1/4 of the teams in the league. So far his record there is fantastic and he has Killie improving all the time. He has proven, unlike McIness that he can compete at a higher level. He also comes across as far more ambitious than McIness. I think he will ultimately move on but think his ambition will take him to a better place than Sevco.

And also well done Killie. Brilliant to see them doing so well. 

The direct comparison was unintentional, the point I was trying to make was that McInnes showed that a fatter pay packet is not the only consideration when managers have a decision to make , which was the point i was making to the poster who said Clarke would jump ship for the first offer of a wage increase.

1 minute ago, happyaccie said:

The direct comparison was unintentional, the point I was trying to make was that McInnes showed that a fatter pay packet is not the only consideration when managers have a decision to make , which was the point i was making to the poster who said Clarke would jump ship for the first offer of a wage increase.

I didn't say just that, also bigger budget more potential etc.

Just now, happyaccie said:

McIness will be on a good wage at Aberdeen and has shown to have little ambition to move on. I think the big difference is that McIness is happy to have the limited pressure of being a guy where runner up is a success. Clarke wants to be a winner.

A big difference in their mentality.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

No as sevco are a financial basket case.  He was willing to speak to them then turned them down after he heard what they can offer.

Would you leave your job for four times your salary?  So would Clarke.

McInnes didn't, but once again to suit your argument you state Sevco are a financial basket case, do you think any manager would worry about that as long as their salary was enhanced as you claim ?

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

McIness will be on a good wage at Aberdeen and has shown to have little ambition to move on. I think the big difference is that McIness is happy to have the limited pressure of being a guy where runner up is a success. Clarke wants to be a winner.

Yes totally agree GB, but the poster I am replying to is of the opinion a manager like Clarke will jump at the first opportunity as long as his salary is enhanced sufficiently, the McInnes situation has proven that not all managers have finance at the forefront of their minds whilst mulling over a move.

Who knew a Falkirk fan would be an expert in the psychology of both the Kilmarnock and Aberdeen managers

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nah that's pish, McInnes has had two offers been willing to leave both times but turned both down as both clubs are a shambles

Archived