Rangers vs Kilmarnock 17th March

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's no surprise that Falkirk think that everyone associated with Killie has a winning psychology, given what we've done to them in every single big game we've faced them in the last 25 years or so.

I was talking about Clarke specifically. I would not say people like Marvin and Santa have a winning psychology.

Can't argue with the fact about big games.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His goals have guided Killie to more wins over Rangers this season than Thistle have managed in the last 35 years.

Our constant shiteing of the bed against them makes me very sad. Very sad indeed.

Let's look at Steve Clarke's previous employers. Chelsea, West Bromwich Albion, Reading, Aston Villa. All clubs with substantial budgets that pay large wages to coaches.

Clarke has previously stated that before he took the Killie job he could have quite happily never worked another day in his life and been very comfortable. Why would finance be an incentive to move on?

In any case it's all about the Killie these days and long may that continue.

4 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Peppino vs HA, to recap, is two non-Killie fans arguing with one another about the Kilmarnock manager....as if to reinforce how fucking #boxoffice we are now.

Not arguing my man, just setting the Arab straight that not all managers have the same values, I personally hope Clarke stays at Kilmarnock and replicates what messrs McLean & Ferguson achieved in the 80s, the game in Scotland would benefit greatly if the Celtic domination was challenged by more clubs.

6 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Let's look at Steve Clarke's previous employers. Chelsea, West Bromwich Albion, Reading, Aston Villa. All clubs with substantial budgets that pay large wages to coaches.

Clarke has previously stated that before he took the Killie job he could have quite happily never worked another day in his life and been very comfortable. Why would finance be an incentive to move on?

In any case it's all about the Killie these days and long may that continue.

Did you forget he was also with Newcastle & Liverpool ?

He’s got tons of dosh. Killie is his pet project. Make his boyhood team into the best they can be. Enjoy the journey, have fun, be adored and admired by both his players an his fans. Create a dynasty that’ll last a thousand years, invade Poland....... etc. You get my drift. Then retire and take up the Scotland job and fail miserably.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You were trying to be a smart arse mate. Fair enough if that's your style.

Ach look I maybe took you a bit literally.

But I have a personal gripe when people make their mind up on someone's mentality based on a few football results or a massive life decision like Mcinnes made with Rangers.

It's a hugely personal thing and I don't think anyone has the right to judge, let alone state they have clear evidence that Mcinnes isn't ambitious or whatever else.

Apologies if I misread the post though.

Guest Moomintroll
He’s got tons of dosh. Killie is his pet project. Make his boyhood team into the best they can be. Enjoy the journey, have fun, be adored and admired by both his players an his fans. Create a dynasty that’ll last a thousand years, invade Poland....... etc. You get my drift. Then retire and take up the Scotland job and fail miserably.
We all know thats going to happen and it makes me sad just thinking about it.

Guest Moomintroll
Really wish c**** would read my posts properly, I never said I had gleaned from his interviews he wouldn't go , to repeat what I said, from the interviews I have heard Clarke give it appears as though he has no overriding desire to leave Rugby Park , your embellishment of my post to suit your own argument is beyond belief.

Much as you get slaughtered on here on a fairly regular basis, this is spot on. Steve Clarke doesnt need to worry about money, this job is a personal thing to him and his family. He will move back down south at some point but when he does it will be with the blessing of the majority of Killie fans and he will do it to prove a few points after what happened to him at WBA. When it happens I hope Alex Dyer takes over and keeps the momentum going, frankly we will be lucky if we can keep the big guy for a few years before he goes back down south as well.

Perhaps Clarke and McInnes prefer to follow SAF's mantra of signing for the Club Chairman and not the Club itself. SAF would easily have enhanced his salary at Wolves, Arsenal and Spurs  to name a few jobs he was offered prior to taking over at Manchester Utd.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Perhaps Clarke and McInnes prefer to follow SAF's mantra of signing for the Club Chairman and not the Club itself. SAF would easily have enhanced his salary at Wolves, Arsenal and Spurs  to name a few jobs he was offered prior to taking over at Manchester Utd.

I think what he said was 'Arsenal are not a bigger club than Aberdeen'.

He was of course right.  Arsenal simply can't compete with #TB4.

58 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

He's only two players??!! :o

He's worked miracles! :lol:

Archived