Motherwell v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Semi Final

welldaft

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At what point does it get to before Aberdeen horse McInnes? He's achieved absolutely nothing there, and is incredibly lucky they were an absolute disaster before he took charge. 

I'm not a Rooney fan but he was clearly their biggest threat, so he plays him deep to accommodate May, who's absolutely awful these days, before taking him off for Cosgrove, who was easily the worst player on the park. He then had a midfield consisting of O' Connor and Christie, and they obviously couldn't build a single meaningful attack. 

Has McInnes genuinely developed any players since he was at Aberdeen? I can't think of many players who have become better since he arrived at the club. He's brought in quality in the likes of Shinnie and Christie (albeit on loan) but apart from McKenna, and even that is debatable at times, who has gotten better since he took charge?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

At what point does it get to before Aberdeen horse McInnes? He's achieved absolutely nothing there, and is incredibly lucky they were an absolute disaster before he took charge. 

I'm not a Rooney fan but he was clearly their biggest threat, so he plays him deep to accommodate May, who's absolutely awful these days, before taking him off for Cosgrove, who was easily the worst player on the park. He then had a midfield consisting of O' Connor and Christie, and they obviously couldn't build a single meaningful attack. 

There is absolutely no point playing Rooney deep, they tried that against us a while back and they might as well have been playing with 10 men. 

As for binning McInnes, despite being a bottler I cant see them binning him given how sh*te they have been at appointing managers under the current regime. Hes on a huge long contract now so they are stuck with him regardless. 

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

There is absolutely no point playing Rooney deep, they tried that against us a while back and they might as well have been playing with 10 men. 

It's bizarre. I think he's distinctly average but if you're needing a goal he's a far better option than anyone else they have. 

McInnes just seems to flop about randomly changing formation and players roles without any thought into it. It's as if he expects to just fluke upon an answer to them bottling big games. 

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As for binning McInnes, despite being a bottler I cant see them binning him given how sh*te they have been at appointing managers under the current regime. Hes on a huge long contract now so they are stuck with him regardless

Aye that's right, didn't they increase it to keep Sevco at bay....

Cheers Milne ...

May looks completely done. His game always relied on his powerful running and shooting, that seems to have gone with the injury so there's nothing left. It was ridiculous signing him on a 4 year contract after that injury. He also doesn't fit into Aberdeen's normal system either, he's never a lone striker who can hold it up and link play, so not really sure what the plan was when they signed him.

Well done 'Well and good luck in the final.

Aberdeen poor only just pipped by Kenny Clark (sheds a tear at the state of his officiating smiley) :(

I genuinely thought that after the second travesty we looked up for it.  After half time, not so much :(

I've now think I've seen Dominic Ball enough times to assess whether he's good enough...  He's not! :(

Yours, not enough sad face smiley's on the internet for how I feel, so I'll have to make do with ten-ish! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

aDONis

Outstanding.
Every player in C&A gets pass marks today.
Thought the two quick goals knocked any fight Aberdeen had out of them.
Fair play to their fans though as the majority stuck it out longer than some fans might have.

Fair play to well. They battled their cute wee hooped socks off and deserved to win. Campbell seemed to be everywhere and was particularly impressive along with Curtis. Best of luck for the final.

That performance just summed up our season : pick-n-mix-n-hope-something-sticks. Miles short on quality on and off the pitch when it really mattered and too many players just not turning up ready for a battle - Christie and May the worst culprits yet again today. As for Ball and Nwakali..... WTF was that?

Didn’t really register any controversy for the goals. Will reserve judgement on the officials until I see it in the box. I though we just slit our own throats with some slap stick defending.

Tough summer ahead for the management team.

Archived