Sectarianism

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, It's good to see Clarke speaking up.

The facts that he doesn't have Celtic connections, hasn't as far as I'm aware voiced any opinions on the Irish question, and has no reputation as a noisy wind up merchant like Lennon, establishes clearly that the thousands of people calling him a ****** b*****d were doing so, simply because of his perceived Catholic background.

It's utterly indefensible, which of course it always has been.  

The case for strict liability is deafening, unless we have a genuine desire to tolerate this stuff in our game and society.  It's absolutely football's problem because it provides a high profile vehicle for it.

Of course it's football's problem.  The 'acceptance' of 90-Minute Bigotry reinforces that.  They can't have it both ways.

Clarke has been a breath of fresh air for Scottish football.

Left when he was young, played and worked in a place that wasn't a religious goldfish bowl where a duopoly is roundly encouraged by the governing bodies and the media and has come in as effectively an 'outsider' due to this, and is calling those 2 clubs out on what everyone who has worked in Scottish football all their days are afraid to say.

54 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I might submit myself to the Heads Gone thread if I see another Rangers fan defend the indefensible with some laughable comment about coverage of Celtic, or the fact Killie lost or something else ludicrous.

'But why didn't he bring it up on Sunday?'

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I might submit myself to the Heads Gone thread if I see another Rangers fan defend the indefensible with some laughable comment about coverage of Celtic, or the fact Killie lost or something else ludicrous.

Gerrard has got his game in place too

image.png.22f3df13ad3fd064f66a9332f64bd72b.png

There honestly must be some sort of whataboutery skills test for every potential employee being considered by the OF.

Yes, It's good to see Clarke speaking up.
The facts that he doesn't have Celtic connections, hasn't as far as I'm aware voiced any opinions on the Irish question, and has no reputation as a noisy wind up merchant like Lennon, establishes clearly that the thousands of people calling him a ****** b*****d were doing so, simply because of his perceived Catholic background.
It's utterly indefensible, which of course it always has been.  
The case for strict liability is deafening, unless we have a genuine desire to tolerate this stuff in our game and society.  It's absolutely football's problem because it provides a high profile vehicle for it.
Problem is that too much of the media up here make money from the old firm.
They even stir it up to sell papers. Every game has thousands shouting it. If it happened in England it would be on the news.

5 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Gerrard has got his game in place too

image.png.22f3df13ad3fd064f66a9332f64bd72b.png

There honestly must be some sort of whataboutery skills test for every potential employee being considered by the OF.

It's really pretty sickening that so many figures cannot possibly address this matter without immediate recourse to whataboutery.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not my finest post but always worth highlighting how cretinous wee Barry is.

Does the scarf actually say that tho?

I can't make out what it says, anyway I've a feeling that Bazza just picked up some scarves and put them on the Sean's.

Interesting article in The National today.

BTW does Mike Small live in Glasgow?   Think I'll invest in CR Smith shares.

We have clubs that are more powerful than our governing institutions and a media reliant on them for paper sales, and a government unable to act with any authority or strategy. That is a structural deficit. Despite the death of the Old Firm we are required to maintain a fantasy that it still exists, and maintaining fantasies is something us Scots are experts in.

3 hours ago, The DA said:

Interesting article in The National today.

BTW does Mike Small live in Glasgow?   Think I'll invest in CR Smith shares.

I just had a read at that.  It is the typical onanistic fuckwitery we'd expect from bitter, Celtic-minded, empty-headed Yessers.  An absolute abortion of an article.