Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

Posted (edited)

Luis Arraez with his eighth multi-hit game on the bounce. 

He's been absolutely phenomenal since the trade, and exactly what the top of the Pads order needed. 

Bogaerts out for 2-3 months. Sucks for the player, but as a fan I can't say I'm bothered. His spot in the order has been a black hole all season so far, and his D is nothing that isn't replaceable either. If it means more DH'ing for Solano and Peralta, then I think it's actually a good thing.

Edited by Boo Khaki

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Luis Arraez with his eighth multi-hit game on the bounce. 

He's been absolutely phenomenal since the trade, and exactly what the top of the Pads order needed. 

Bogaerts out for 2-3 months. Sucks for the player, but as a fan I can't say I'm bothered. His spot in the order has been a black hole all season so far, and his D is nothing that isn't replaceable either. If it means more DH'ing for Solano and Peralta, then I think it's actually a good thing.

I love these OBP machines.  Lamont Wade Jr is another one.  Every time you look up they’re on first base.  

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I love these OBP machines.  Lamont Wade Jr is another one.  Every time you look up they’re on first base.  

I had a 20 year haitus from any serious mlb watching, and the thing I could not get my head around, and still can't tbh, is why at some point since the 90's its become the norm for every single hitter from 1-9 in the order to set out to smash every single hit into the upper deck.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Posted (edited)

Worst possible game to shit the bed and start throwing meatball after meatball. Yup, Pads at home in Petco.

CDN media

Pads appear to be the only team in MLB who can't bat or pitch at Petco. It's beyond ridiculous.

Edited by Boo Khaki

12 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Mariners on a disappointing 4 game skid after back to back loses in Washington. Now just 1 game over .500

Back to winning ways tonight with another win on a Bryan Woo start. Hopefully go back on another winning run now. Homestead with the Astros and Angels visiting Seattle this week.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Back to winning ways tonight with another win on a Bryan Woo start. Hopefully go back on another winning run now. Homestead with the Astros and Angels visiting Seattle this week.

4 Games, 2-0, 1.66 ERA, 16Ks, 2 Walk’s

Very nice stat line for Woo

Edited by lichtie23

15 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Mets blow another save yesterday. It's almost impressive to have a payroll this size and still be so bad.

My fantasy team is suffering.  It may even be terminal.  

47 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That is weirdly impressive. Outspending the Yanks (theoretically), and on pace for a sub-70 win season :bag

I'm presuming a big whack of the payroll is dead money on Verlander and Scherzer but still. North of $300m, I'm sure it's the highest in the league and they boast the 5th worst record.

At least with the Wilpons you didn't hope or expect anything.

2 hours ago, placidcasual said:

I'm presuming a big whack of the payroll is dead money on Verlander and Scherzer but still. North of $300m, I'm sure it's the highest in the league and they boast the 5th worst record.

At least with the Wilpons you didn't hope or expect anything.

They will be shelling out $1.19m on July 1st as usual...

Mariners shut out at home by Houston last night but still take the series 3-1. Pitching is top drawer but feel we lack the offence to challenge in October 

5-4 win for the Mariners to take game 1 against the Angejs. We were 4-0 up but gave up a Grand Slam to tie it up. Ty France’s solo blast gave us the lead again before winning the game on an attempted stolen base put out. 

Bryan Woo was lights out again throwing 6 scoreless innings. You want to join my Woo fan club @Craig fae the Vale

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

5-4 win for the Mariners to take game 1 against the Angejs. We were 4-0 up but gave up a Grand Slam to tie it up. Ty France’s solo blast gave us the lead again before winning the game on an attempted stolen base put out. 

Bryan Woo was lights out again throwing 6 scoreless innings. You want to join my Woo fan club @Craig fae the Vale

I am fully on board for the Woo fan club my good man!

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Bullpen is a worry just now 

Yeah, the starters are giving constant quality pitching, but there's a massive drop off in quality when the bullpen comes in. Heard whisperings that Levi Stroudt could be getting called up from Tacoma in the next few weeks. Has MLB experience with the Reds, bit I think it's going to take more than one guy at this point.

Mariners swept the Angels over the weekend, scoring 19 runs in the process. Looking like a team that's starting to click, even if the bullpen is still a concern. JP Crawford being fit again and on top form is a huge part of it. He's my favourite player and looks like he keeps getting better. Julio starting to pick up some form as well. Team is in a good place, now to sort out the bullpen. Anyone on your wishlist @lichtie23?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Mariners swept the Angels over the weekend, scoring 19 runs in the process. Looking like a team that's starting to click, even if the bullpen is still a concern. JP Crawford being fit again and on top form is a huge part of it. He's my favourite player and looks like he keeps getting better. Julio starting to pick up some form as well. Team is in a good place, now to sort out the bullpen. Anyone on your wishlist @lichtie23?

Tanner Scott? But he’s more a closer than relief pitcher. 

Had a Quick Look at the White Sox who are in full rebuild and maybe Michael Kopech? 

Offensively I’d like to see us go for Vlad Guerrero Jnr

Edited by lichtie23