Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Looks like the pitchers weren’t quite up to speed.  

In other news - Shohai Ohtani could be in a serious amount of bother.  

Not enough into baseball to know what exactly is going on but the entire thing seems mental, from what I can tell either he’s been gambling which is beyond idiotic or he’s covered for his mates gambling which is just standard idiotic. All the money in the world and either too stupid or arrogant to get some legal advice. 

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Not enough into baseball to know what exactly is going on but the entire thing seems mental, from what I can tell either he’s been gambling which is beyond idiotic or he’s covered for his mates gambling which is just standard idiotic. All the money in the world and either too stupid or arrogant to get some legal advice. 

If he’s been gambling on baseball, he’s done.  

If he’s been covering for his mate, or if it’s just illegal gambling,  he will probably get off with a much lesser suspension.  

Either way, the man has become so blinded by money that he’s lost all sense of self awareness. 

Less to do with baseball than the complete prohibition of American sports players betting, despite the ubiquity of Draftkings and the ill. 

To be honest, I think football players betting on their own team get treated extremely leniently in this country.  

10 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Ohtani will hold a press conference tomorrow. Should be interesting

My guess is he says absolutely nothing of any not whatsoever.  The more I learn about him, the weirder he gets.  

Mets opener tomorrow postponed. I've been watching the forecast all week and it seemed like it was coming but it's nuts to me they've called it so early. Was the 5.10pm game on BT Sport as well.

58 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Mets opener tomorrow postponed. I've been watching the forecast all week and it seemed like it was coming but it's nuts to me they've called it so early. Was the 5.10pm game on BT Sport as well.

Braves game postponed as well.

Dodgers giving Will Smith a 10 year contract. He is 29. That will not age well

4 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Braves game postponed as well.

Dodgers giving Will Smith a 10 year contract. He is 29. That will not age well

I presume it’s deferred for fifteen years?

Corbin Burnes pitched 6 innings with 11 strikeouts, a single hit (off Mike Trout), and no walks in his Orioles debut. Given he's a free agent after this season I could see him putting up ridiculous numbers for that big contract.

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Keen to see what Joe Musgrove has tonight, because it's a bit concerning that he had a long layoff and looked like shit in his start over in Seoul.

I’d suggest you are no less concerned this morning!   Fun game.  Lots of big names and young players playing well.  

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d suggest you are no less concerned this morning!   Fun game.  Lots of big names and young players playing well.  

I think he's possibly still trying to shake off the shoulder thing. He's always lived and died by his curveball and right now it has no bite to it at all. Fastball is down 2-3 mph from where it usually sits as well.

Just have to hope its a case of getting through the early starts and ramping it up as he gets healthier. Blake Snell had a horrendous April last year and won a Cy Young, although slow starts have been a career feature with Snell.

Also a bit concerning that Darvish is looking a bit creaky as well, although his 2023 was nowhere near his 2022, so it could be that his decline started over a year ago and its not something that's been precipitated by this off-season just gone.