Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

4 hours ago, Zanetti said:

You just have to say fair play to Philly, that was an incredibly funny way to choke the NLCS.

I really hope the Diamondbacks win it all now, but at the very least we've got something different in the World Series.

I’m as big a Bruce Bochy Stan as you’ll find around here, but I do recognise how much the D’Backs have progressed - even if they seem to have 100 different uniforms.  They’re sneaky fast and can clobber one out the park when needs be.  Carroll is one hell of a player.   

Looking forward to this series.  

On 23/10/2023 at 00:43, arab_joe said:

Leclerc was outstanding today - and Garcia with a grand slam was definitely some sort of poetic justice.

Cheering for any team called Rangers feels bad - especially when they're wearing blue.  But needs must - really don't want the cheating Astros winning another WS (even if they do have Mauricio Dubon on their team).

If it helps, just remember they were the Washington Senators first…

When I went to see the Mariners back in 2018, Mike McCreeady from Pearl Jam did an instrumental version on his guitar. It was sensational. At the Tacoma Rainiers (AAA) game a few days before it was a local high school kid who sang it and she did a great job as well. And at the Orange County Soccer Club game the week before they had a local singers, who was also pretty good. It's very much a part of going to sports in the States and they take it really seriously.

10 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Going off on a slight tangent, I don't normally care about the singing of the national anthem before the games but an 18 year old girl sang it before game 2 and it was absolutely fantastic. One of the best renditions I have ever heard

On 31/10/2023 at 23:14, Zanetti said:

Adolis Garcia has been removed from the Texas roster seemingly, massive loss for them going into game 4 tonight.

In the end they didn’t miss him. A very one sided series.  Just maybe a year too soon for Arizona.  But a 4th ring for Bruce Bochy.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

In the end they didn’t miss him. A very one sided series.  Just maybe a year too soon for Arizona.  But a 4th ring for Bruce Bochy.  

In the end a record breaking series of series for a very unusual reason…the Rangers won every road game they played. 11-0 away in all the playoffs, while 2-4 at home, very unlikely to be replicated.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

In the end a record breaking series of series for a very unusual reason…the Rangers won every road game they played. 11-0 away in all the playoffs, while 2-4 at home, very unlikely to be replicated.

They got hot at the right time after a disappointing end to the regular season where they chucked away the AL West.

Right, now bring on trade season, I want all sorts of daft speculation.

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

They got hot at the right time after a disappointing end to the regular season where they chucked away the AL West.

Right, now bring on trade season, I want all sorts of daft speculation.

The Hot Stove League will be worming up quickly, Adonis Garcia will be an interesting side discussion with his first arbitration year here now. He made a bit short of $750,000 this year, an insane bargain, and will be 33 before he’s finally a free agent.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Snell hits FA, Lugo has declined his player option, Wacha up in the air, Darvish and Musgrove both rehabbing injuries, Pads want to dump 50m in salary. Going to be an extremely interesting off-season.

I assume everyone assumes Snell will be offered and will reject his QO. 

The NPB Japan Series finished yesterday with the Hanshin Tigers beating the Orix Buffaloes 4-3 across the series giving the team their 2nd title & first since 1985 bringing an end to the curse of the colonel. This seasons series was also only the 2nd time the series was contested by two Kansai based sides with the other happening in 1964. Tigers OF Kōji Chikamoto won series MVP with Buffaloes IF Kotaro Kurebayashi winning the Fighting Spirit Award.

After the game the Buffaloes confirmed their ace RHP
Yoshinobu Yamamoto has been granted his request to be posted to MLB.

image.png.3eb60cc8da78c16602ca89d29f569fe0.png

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

After the game the Buffaloes confirmed their ace RHP Yoshinobu Yamamoto has been granted his request to be posted to MLB.

Well the Pads could really use some starting pitching since both Wacha and Martinez also hit Free Agency.

I think they're seriously gearing up for a run at Ohtani, and I think they'll even trade Soto to give them the room to get it done if they have to. 

The Dodgers are clearly going all in on Ohtani.  They’re not offering to DJ Martinez, which opened the DL spot.  They’re one hundred million dollars under the tax threshold so there’s plenty of cash.  It’ll be hard for anyone other than the Mets to match them.