Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

5 hours ago, Zanetti said:

The Angels really are a total bin fire of an organisation.

Hopefully the rest of the league don’t claim any of the players; leave the Angels on the hook for the full salary.  I don’t think the Players Association would look very kindly on LA just dumping salary in order to get a higher draft pick by not finishing over the tax threshold.  This genuinely is tanking, unlike the Mets whom at least tried to get prospects.   

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Hopefully the rest of the league don’t claim any of the players; leave the Angels on the hook for the full salary.  I don’t think the Players Association would look very kindly on LA just dumping salary in order to get a higher draft pick by not finishing over the tax threshold.  This genuinely is tanking, unlike the Mets whom at least tried to get prospects.   

That would be a very funny outcome, but I bet teams pushing for the playoffs will be all over guys like Giolito. 

Regardless, they're absolutely screwed now. They spent a fortune, didn't trade Ohtani who's going to be a free agent after this season, and their farm system is horrible. 

I realise it means very little, but the Baltimore Orioles are now tied with the 1922-24 Yankees for third place in number of consecutive series (minimum two games) without having been been swept at 83. A fun little statistic, even if breaking the overall record of 125 set by the Cardinals in the 40s is unrealistic.

Orioles topping the AL East is amazing, given how strong that division is.  I mean, it's ridiculous that the worst ranked team (Yankees, urgh spit) are .500.  If the Red Sox (some fifteen games back on the Orioles) were in the AL Central, they'd only be one game back and looking for an automatic route to the post-season!

All I hope is that none of the Forces of Darkness (Astros, Braves, Dodgers) prevail, and one of the mighty Cubs/Mariners/Orioles/Phillies prevail.  Everyone else falls into the meh bucket.

Yours

aDONis

18 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

Orioles topping the AL East is amazing, given how strong that division is.  I mean, it's ridiculous that the worst ranked team (Yankees, urgh spit) are .500.  If the Red Sox (some fifteen games back on the Orioles) were in the AL Central, they'd only be one game back and looking for an automatic route to the post-season!

All I hope is that none of the Forces of Darkness (Astros, Braves, Dodgers) prevail, and one of the mighty Cubs/Mariners/Orioles/Phillies prevail.  Everyone else falls into the meh bucket.

Yours

aDONis

I genuinely don't know what I'll do if the Mariners win the World Series 🤣

On 11/09/2023 at 11:56, Craig fae the Vale said:

Mariners still clinging to the last Wild Card spot despite a poor run of recent form. Big homestead upcoming starting tonight vs the Angels.

Mariners, looking like they can clutch defeat from the jaws of victory this past week.

Lost 4 whilst the Texas Buns win 3.  I feel sick!

4 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

Mariners, looking like they can clutch defeat from the jaws of victory this past week.

Lost 4 whilst the Texas Buns win 3.  I feel sick!

It's been a horrendous run of form at exactly the wrong time. Can hopefully pick it up for the rest of the month and finish strong.

Orioles and Rays series is unbelievably massive. Can't help but feel that the pressure has gotten to this young Baltimore team, but tonight has been an improvement (so far).

Forgot to share my pictures from Camden Yards earlier in the week, decided to treat myself to a decent seat.

PXL_20230911_235249935.thumb.jpg.0eedf2004f9bcd8d22f9306bf024d1c4.jpg

20 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Orioles and Rays series is unbelievably massive. Can't help but feel that the pressure has gotten to this young Baltimore team, but tonight has been an improvement (so far).

Forgot to share my pictures from Camden Yards earlier in the week, decided to treat myself to a decent seat.

PXL_20230911_235249935.thumb.jpg.0eedf2004f9bcd8d22f9306bf024d1c4.jpg

What a seat that is. 

Mariners have continued a pretty terrible run and are currently a game behind Toronto for the last Wild Card spot. Series with the A's starting tomorrow hopefully a chance to make up some ground.

11 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Pads have finally won 4 games in a row for the first time all year.

Ridiculous statistic that, considering the Rockies are in their division.  

On that note, baseball in Colorado is hardly baseball at all.