Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Mets, no question.  The Pads are in a much tougher division, and don’t have Steve Cohen. Both very funny though. 

On the subject of embarrassing things for the Mets, happy Bobby Bonilla day!

Phillies have just crushed 5 runs in the third to lead the Nationals 6-1. Been an enjoyable watch so far.

Edit: make that 6 runs for a 7-1 lead and a runner on second. Nationals pitcher MacKenzie Gore has been pulled.

Edit #2: A grand slam makes it 19-4 in the bottom of the fifth. Jeez.

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

Padres are now 0-8 on the season in extra-innings games. Outscored 24-6 in that time, team batting just .135

Basically a microcosm of why this team is so underwhelming. Really poor situational baseball time after time, and utterly hopeless with RISP. 

Despite that, I still expect they'll waste even more of Seidler's money prior to the deadline.

11 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Padres are now 0-8 on the season in extra-innings games. Outscored 24-6 in that time, team batting just .135

Basically a microcosm of why this team is so underwhelming. Really poor situational baseball time after time, and utterly hopeless with RISP. 

Despite that, I still expect they'll waste even more of Seidler's money prior to the deadline.

Was that a City Connect uniform they wore yesterday? I haven't seen that one before.

Watching the Braves Rays game. Wade Boggs is being inducted into the Rays hall of fame. He was a great player for Boston and the Yankees but I am not sure playing for 2 years for a team means you should be in their HOF. His speech is a load of self indulgent pish as well

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Watching the Braves Rays game. Wade Boggs is being inducted into the Rays hall of fame. He was a great player for Boston and the Yankees but I am not sure playing for 2 years for a team means you should be in their HOF. His speech is a load of self indulgent pish as well

Lord Palmerston!

3 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Ted Williams is in the Padres HoF despite not even playing two full seasons as a Padre. Of course, this was 30 years before the Pads were even an MLB franchise, and Williams himself was a Baseball HoF'er before the Pads were an MLB club. Just screams of 'we'll have a bit of that for marketing purposes'.

Surprised the Pads didn't try and poach a bit of Ricky Henderson's legacy as well.

Kinda hoping it kicks off in this Pads/Mets game because I wouldn't put it past Joe Musgrove to charge the Mets dugout and kick f**k out of Buck Showalter after last years' playoff horseshit.

and just as I post that, Musgrove hits Alonso in the helmet with a curiously mislocated curveball. And he hits the next batter with another curve 😄

Edited by Boo Khaki

44 runs and a 5 game win steak going into the All Star break for the Orioles, including a sweep against arguably the best rotation in baseball vs the Twins. I've said it before but this team so unbelievably entertaining to watch.

28 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Kinda hoping it kicks off in this Pads/Mets game because I wouldn't put it past Joe Musgrove to charge the Mets dugout and kick f**k out of Buck Showalter after last years' playoff horseshit.

and just as I post that, Musgrove hits Alonso in the helmet with a curiously mislocated curveball. And he hits the next batter with another curve 😄

Buck may be pushing 70, but I wouldn't fancy many people's chances against him. Absolute legend.

22 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Is it just me who doesn't get the hype for the Home Run Derby.

I just find it incredibly boring

Utter tedium.

I can't really be bothered with the ASB at all, but at least the game itself is usually given a little bit more respect than the likes of the Probowl game is by NFL players.

Still convinced the Home Run Derby was entirely responsible for Soto's batting slump post-ASB last season, and he's only really recovered from that in the past few months.