Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

11 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Eh... 10 Homers in this Mexico city game, and there's still an inning to play. Think this park might be a bit on the tight side.

Yep. Part of the resaon I am not going to the London Series this year (I was at both games the last time), the park is too small and its too easy to hit home runs

18 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Eh... 10 Homers in this Mexico city game, and there's still an inning to play. Think this park might be a bit on the tight side.

And the Giants hit a home run off the fourth pitch of the second game of the series.  12 home runs in 9 and a half innings.  Not baseball.  

23 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Gone to the tenth for the second night in a row, but a lot more scoring tonight as the Mariners take it 10-8. Very entertaining stuff and a Seattle win. Good evening's baseball.

It’s been a batting friendly start to the season, it’s fair to say. 

31 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Watching the Mariners again tonight in a depressingly empty Oakland Coliseum. I know it's an afternoon game, but no wonder the team ownership want out of that city. 

I've said it before on here, I really feel sorry for proper fans of the A's.

The As have plenty of fans, that stadium is just a mess and the owners have absolutely zero interest in competing.

If they had actually built that new stadium and stopped trading away their best players for next to nothing it'd be a very different situation.

This was all orchestrated unfortunately. 

Just now, Zanetti said:

The As have plenty of fans, that stadium is just a mess and the owners have absolutely zero interest in competing.

If they had actually built that new stadium and stopped trading away their best players for next to nothing it'd be a very different situation.

This was all orchestrated unfortunately. 

I really do feel for their fans. I wouldn't want to go watch in those circumstances either.

Six weeks into the season and the Mariners are .500. Normally I'd be delighted with that, but after finally making the playoffs last year, It's a little underwhelming. 

That said, still a hell of a lot of baseball to be played. And just about everyone (Kansas City and Oakland being the only two who look like they definitely won't) looks like they're giving themselves a fighting playoff chance. It's been a crackign start to the season overall.

Pads are batting .199 with RISP. Not only last in the Majors, but the lowest of any MLB team since 1969. 

Something seriously wrong when a team with this payroll can't score a run to save their lives in 50% of their games.

As a relatively casual 'American Rounders' fan, who for historical reasons have spread my alliegence around;  So in any given season, I'm bound to be on an upswing from one of; Red Sox, Cubs or BIG SPENDING Mets!...

This could be a looooong season!

22 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Not exactly a hot take here, but jeezo Shoehei Ohtani is good isn't he?

What a contract he's going to end up with in the off-season.

He’s unreal.  He’ll end up with the Dodgers I would have thought, but I’d imagine every team (bar Oakland) will make an offer. 

14 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

AL East is ridiculously strong.  Blue Jays bottom with a record of 25-20. 

O's take the series against them in Toronto tonight. 

What a fun season this has been. The new rules are absolutely a massive positive for the sport.