Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

On 09/07/2023 at 22:34, Zanetti said:

Buck may be pushing 70, but I wouldn't fancy many people's chances against him. Absolute legend.

Yep, he was great when he had a short spell on the Yes network,

old school who says it as it is....

get rid of Boone and bring back Buck....

Some things I'll never understand about Baseball.

2 outs, flyball thumped deep towards the LF corner. Soto goes back and leaps against the wall, the ball bobbles out of his glove and he falls on his ass as the runner is rounding 2nd base, runner advances to third and just beats the throw.

It's not scored as an Error. Why?

The ball hit Soto's glove cleanly. The reason it bobbled out is because Soto over-ran it but it should have been a fairly routine catch for the out. Even if Soto doesn't get there the trajectory was such that it would likely have been a simple pick up and throw to hold the runner at 2nd, so again, two mistakes on Soto's part, one should have been an out, the second permits the runner to advance after the initial mistake, so how is it not officially scored an Error?

Edited by Boo Khaki

Just back from 2 weeks in Orlando which conveniently tied in with the Phillies road trip to Florida. Managed to get to the 3-1 11 inning win against the Rays and was inches away from getting Darick Hall's home run ball which somehow evaded both me and the missus. At least we didn't drop the cheese steaks we had just bought... We are in the clip below wearing the red Harper 3 t-shirts 🙈 

On 16/07/2023 at 23:55, Zanetti said:

Yankees are now bottom of the AL East. 

That's the problem when you depend on analytics to build and run a team..

Sack the AI (see Cashman, Brian) behind it.....

Once the highly profitable NYY income falls, maybe Hal will.

If you took Cole and Judge out of the equation, how bad would they be ?

5 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

That's the problem when you depend on analytics to build and run a team..

Sack the AI (see Cashman, Brian) behind it.....

Once the highly profitable NYY income falls, maybe Hal will.

If you took Cole and Judge out of the equation, how bad would they be ?

Lots of people calling for Boone's head too.I  think coaching is a factor. I realise the hitting coach is now gone, but look at Aaron Hicks since arriving in Baltimore - some very minor adjustments and suddenly he's a different player.

18 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Lots of people calling for Boone's head too.I  think coaching is a factor. I realise the hitting coach is now gone, but look at Aaron Hicks since arriving in Baltimore - some very minor adjustments and suddenly he's a different player.

Story is 'The Boys in the Hall' the analytics dept run the show, and Boone just plays along and get himself thrown out once a week.

Too many strange pitcher changes, starter and bullpen...

Hicks just fell away after getting the decent contract, plus peed off at being removed from a game (last year or before)..

The slump was noticeable but new ballpark? new enthusiasm?

Too many dumpster dives.. and more importantly they just can't seem to do anything with the draft...

290 million payroll and no offense ?

Judge missing what is now, 49 games and still leads in home runs and RBIs? sad state of affairs..

Mind you profits and income is phenomenal, once Hal notices a drop but general consensus they won't 'sack' Cashman, he'll move upstairs..

Today’s MLB.tv free game of the day is Spencer Strider vs Zach Gallen.  It is, of course 0-0 in the fourth.  Gallen is perfect and Strider has punched out 9 already.   It’s a pitching masterpiece.  

IMG_0543.thumb.jpeg.2e4aedcf08830ea741439d905e80e70b.jpegIMG_0544.thumb.jpeg.b923a714fd5e6e1d6a55f5a26e911fd1.jpeg

This is probably more entertaining than watching the Rockies play. Apparently put up on the center field scoreboard, the team has not yet commented…

Edited by TxRover

On 19/07/2023 at 21:56, Zanetti said:

And just like that, despite their amazing start the Orioles overtake the Rays in first place in the AL East heading into a 4 game series between the teams in Tampa starting tomorrow.

It's weird how quickly the Rays have fallen off a cliff - long may it continue.

As a Yankee fan, the sweep of the Royals was very much needed, especially with Rizzo going 4 for 4 today.

3 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Mariners looking to sweep the 3 game series against the Blue Jays just now. Can't think of many better ways to finish my week of annual leave than the Mariners and a couple of beers!

I feared the Blue Jays were going to throw it away at the end there.