Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

The Blue Jays are incredibly bad for a team spending over $221m on their payroll this year. So far off the Yankees and Orioles it's incredible. Not entirely convinced ownership will want to blow the whole thing up though.

36 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

@Craig fae the Valehow can our lead off man being hitting .212! J.P Crawford needs to get the finger out pronto. If Bliss could start getting bat on ball more frequently I’d have him hitting leadoff! That boy is a speed merchant. 

J.P is my favourite player, but he needs to step up his batting. Cannot fault his defensive work however, absolutely invaluable at short stop, just maybe shouldn't be batting lead off.

Bliss is rapid and is showing a lot of potential. Only 23, so should just keep getting better.

Just not scoring enough runs in general at the minute, but grinding out important wins. Watched the game in Oakland last night, a decent enough performance, but need to step it up with better teams coming up (White Sox excluded 🤣)

35 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

J.P is my favourite player, but he needs to step up his batting. Cannot fault his defensive work however, absolutely invaluable at short stop, just maybe shouldn't be batting lead off.

Bliss is rapid and is showing a lot of potential. Only 23, so should just keep getting better.

Just not scoring enough runs in general at the minute, but grinding out important wins. Watched the game in Oakland last night, a decent enough performance, but need to step it up with better teams coming up (White Sox excluded 🤣)

Aye. Obviously I’m not doubting him defensively but the bat is stone cold the now. Seems we are relying on France and Haniger (to an extent) to smash a few out the park. Iv not looked at the stats but I’d imagine we are very low in average and runs scored?

Bryan Woo jersey ordered as well. Not a legit one but the Ichiro one I ordered from the same night is very decent quality. 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Also thoughts on the Robles signing? 

Not convinced another outfielder was a high priority but he's a decent enough signing. Shows that the team is in a good place when a guy with a World Series ring is willing to come on board.

47 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Not convinced another outfielder was a high priority but he's a decent enough signing. Shows that the team is in a good place when a guy with a World Series ring is willing to come on board.

If the Blue Jays are willing to dump Vlad then I reckon we must go all out to get him 

40 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If the Blue Jays are willing to dump Vlad then I reckon we must go all out to get him 

If he becomes available he could well be the missing piece. I'd give up quite a lot for him. A core of Vlad, J-Rod, JP, Bliss and Raleigh with the current starting rotation would be spectacular.

34 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

If he becomes available he could well be the missing piece. I'd give up quite a lot for him. A core of Vlad, J-Rod, JP, Bliss and Raleigh with the current starting rotation would be spectacular.

Completely forgot about Raleigh earlier! Aye that would be superb. But I feel we will try to improve the bullpen at the deadline 

Posted (edited)

I'm heading to the Olympic Stadium tomorrow for Mets v Phillies.  My Mets are definitely less than the sum of their parts, Phillies the opposite.  It's the hope that kills.

Edited by aDONisSheep

I was there yesterday. Pretty much the story of the Phillies season; starter doesn't give up much, bullpen is lights out and then a wee burst of runs. Absolutely flying right now.

Posted (edited)

I convinced my friends to go, saying that baseball was a game where nothing happens most of the time… but something might happen at any time.  

Phillies go 1 up in first then, nothing!  Gawd it was dull, Mets took till the third to get a hit.  Mates are telling me they are too bored to even drink!  Come the madness of Innings 8 & 9, they were cheering/crying like veterans!  

Absolute carnage by both closers.  I love American Rounders.

Edited by aDONisSheep

I'll likely only go to a London game if the Mariners are playing (which seems unlikely in the short term, as they seem to have been going for the "bigger name" teams so far) but the whole thing seems to be going pretty well, the stadium looked pretty full both days from what I saw.

43 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I'll likely only go to a London game if the Mariners are playing (which seems unlikely in the short term, as they seem to have been going for the "bigger name" teams so far) but the whole thing seems to be going pretty well, the stadium looked pretty full both days from what I saw.

Am I right in saying that there is no London Seties next year?