Doonhamers v Bairns

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The goals.

Confirms what I thought at the time about the opening goal.

Obviously, the big mistake is that made by Cameron to let Nelson in.  However, the shot looked saveable.  It's side footed from 20 yards out and doesn't find the corner.  

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
The goals.

Our goals #sexy as ever. Louis giving some journeyman the Louis feet...

#sexy Falkirk taking a massive 4 points from 4 games against the journeymen and shipping 12 goals in the process...

Scraping the barrel for positives, it’s actually heartening that we’ve continued scoring goals during Dobbie’s recent absence. Hats off to the players for stepping up.

Shame it’s coincided with us chucking them in at the other end.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Obviously, the big mistake is that made by Cameron to let Nelson in.  However, the shot looked saveable.  It's side footed from 20 yards out and doesn't find the corner.  

Is that methadone mick doing the co commentary at the start?

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We're not in contention for fourth at all.

That ship has long gone.

13 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I am sure you know your team better than me but all of your remaining fixtures are winnable. Although I agree you need to win them all to have any chance.
Must say, this has been a pretty depressing thread.
Roll on next season....

They are all winnable but we've shown little aptitude all season for winning 4 in a row. I don't think the ship for 4th is "long gone" as Monkey Tennis says, but it pretty much departed last night. After Saturday it was going to be difficult to get 4th but had we won last night and Dunfermline had lost to Livingston (or Dundee United had failed to beat Dumbarton, though I never thought that was likely) we'd be still in contention. Now it's nigh on impossible. Nothing less than 4 wins will do. We can get to 55 points with 4 wins.

Dunfermline and Dundee United need 6 points to get to 55. Morton need 8.

United have a game each against Dumbarton and Brechin to play and should get their 6 points. Although their other 4 games see them play Livingston, ourselves (which they'd have to lose to give us any chance), St Mirren and Falkirk, I'd imagine they'll get at least a point in there somewhere.

Dunfermline also have a home game against each of Brechin and Dumbarton which is surely worth 6 points and have a much better goal difference. They don't even need an extra point from their two other games v Inverness and Falkirk.

Even if one of them somehow fails to get 6 points, we'd also need Morton not to get 8 from their 4 games not including the one against us. They too have a  home game v Dumbarton, though the other three are Livingston, St Mirren & Inverness.

Realistically the best we can now do is hold off the comebacks from Inverness and Falkirk to stay 6th.

2 hours ago, ka202 said:

Overheard a queens fan talking on the way out last night, said he’s been to 8 home games this season, 6 defeats and 2 draws.

Falkirk season ticket holder here, and the Morton game there was my first win of the season.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yep - a double whammy goal of the sort you only seem to concede when you are already down.  Looks really poor goalkeeping if I'm honest - almost hits the net in the middle of the goal so assume his positioning is off.  We've been lucky over the past 10 or so seasons to have had some pretty steady keepers.  This season definitely stands out as one where we've not had a keeper to rely on.

6 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Yep - a double whammy goal of the sort you only seem to concede when you are already down.  Looks really poor goalkeeping if I'm honest - almost hits the net in the middle of the goal so assume his positioning is off.  We've been lucky over the past 10 or so seasons to have had some pretty steady keepers.  This season definitely stands out as one where we've not had a keeper to rely on.

We`ve certainly had worse keepers though.AntellCalum.jpg

Archived