Brechin V champions in waiting

If your struggling for away end .Just come to home end it's not like we re great rivals is it ? .
Just watch out for female stewards they kinda look for trouble ( honestly ) .
Entry to that end is down Southesk St and left at first round about heading over bridge .
More the merrier I say

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

If your struggling for away end .Just come to home end it's not like we re great rivals is it ? .
Just watch out for female stewards they kinda look for trouble ( honestly ) .
Entry to that end is down Southesk St and left at first round about heading over bridge .
More the merrier I say

Some probably will but it really should not be neccesary with over 3000 capacity and 1750 sold in advance - the sums just don't add up and I see on BWA that some say they are not going to travel due to the risk of not getting in. Brechin's loss at the end of the day but all very needless !

SMFC saying pay at gate for 300 only tomorrow WTF

Had a brief look at that on BWA and it claims that the source is an 'official club statement'.

Can't see one on the SMFC website though.  Got a link, or just Chinese whispers?

Anyway:

Brechin City V St Mirren 7th April 2018

With St Mirren FC facing the possibility of securing promotion to the SPFL Premier League advance ticket sales for Saturdays game have gone well and a larger than normal crowd is expected at Glebe Park.

Although segregation will be in operation cash sales turnstiles will be available at both entrances to the ground. St Mirren supporters should enter the ground from the Trinity Road End only occupying the David H. Will stand on the hedgeside terracing down to the segregation gates.

Seating in the David H. Will Stand is not reserved and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.

Brechin City supporters should enter the ground from the Cemetery Road end only occupying the Cemetery End enclosure. The Centre Stand is reserved for Brechin City FC season ticket holders, hospitality guests, press and home and away Club Officials.

Turnstiles will be open from 1.45pm so fans of both clubs are advised to arrive well in advance of kick-off to prevent turnstile congestion.

Brechin City FC wish to apologise in advance to any local residents who may suffer some temporary inconvenience arising from the larger than normal attendance expected at this fixture.

Please share.

I have a wedding on Saturday. I hope we get pumped. Win it at Tannadice much better idea.

I hope the wedding is shite, the cake tastes awful and the best man pumps the bride[emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

I want a title party. COYS[emoji209][emoji209][emoji209][emoji209][emoji209][emoji209][emoji471][emoji482]

27 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Had a brief look at that on BWA and it claims that the source is an 'official club statement'.

Can't see one on the SMFC website though.  Got a link, or just Chinese whispers?

Anyway:

It's on our twitter feed - SMFC's line to those asking is "it's up to Brechin" they say BCFC andvised SMFC that PATG admission on the day would be "very limited"

New statement just up on our website.  500 PATG spaces for St Mirren fans

Brechin City V St Mirren Update 

The Club wish to provide an update on away support ticket sales for tomorrows game with St Mirren. 

All 1750 advance tickets have been sold at St Mirren. 

The Club will operate cash turnstiles on the day with a further maximum capacity off* 500 away support available. 

Segregation will be in operation. St Mirren supporters should enter the ground from the Trinity Road End only occupying the David H. Will stand and on the hedgeside terracing down to the segregation gates. 

Seating in the David H. Will Stand is not reserved and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. 

Brechin City supporters should enter the ground from the Cemetery Road end only occupying the cemetery End enclosure. The Centre Stand is reserved for Brechin City FC season ticket holders, hospitality guests, press and home and away Club Officials. 

Turnstiles will be open from 1.45pm so fans of both clubs are advised to arrive well in advance of kick-off to prevent turnstile congestion. 

Brechin City FC wish to apologise in advance to any local residents who may suffer some temporary inconvenience arising from the larger than normal attendance expected at this fixture.

This does actually make some sense as using the capacity figures on our own site, the areas assigned St Mirren collectively add up to 2566.

1750 tickets + 500 PATG = 2250.  In theory it leaves a good 300 short of capacity though.

There may be some space in the  home areas where there shall be space for 1500+ bodies, not that I would condone such reckless behaviour. 

*typo noted, tut tut.

2 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

If your struggling for away end .Just come to home end it's not like we re great rivals is it ? 

How do they know you're not a violent Hedge casual?

Looks like a trap to me and I would hate to see anyone in danger.

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

How do they know you're not a violent Hedge casual?

Looks like a trap to me and I would hate to see anyone in danger.

We're no called the hedgehunters for nothing.

See you Tuesday.  

tenor.gif

1 - 0 home win. Its about time we had some joy. Nothing against St Mirren but its about time we had something to gloat about. And then beat Utd, wonder what the odds on that double would be??????

~150/1 with a bonus one-way trip to the Carseview psychiatric care unit thrown in for free.

5 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

There will be plenty room for that there is the stand that I'm sure holds about 2000 then you have the whole hedge side as well so shouldn't be a problem. Hope the St Mirren fans have a great day out would love to see you win the title they more than deserve it just not this Saturday though were due some thing against you lot after how close the last few games have been between us

The David Will Stand holds about 1,000, possibly less as some of the seats are broken/covered up at the corners. Most folk have had ample opportunity to buy their tickets if they plan on coming, why would there be more than 500 just deciding to chance their luck?

They say 500 are available on the day but they'll probably let in more than that. As above, if you can't get in away end then go round to the home end, not like there won't be space and Brechin fans are beyond caring so not like there would be any trouble.

The David Will Stand holds about 1,000, possibly less as some of the seats are broken/covered up at the corners. Most folk have had ample opportunity to buy their tickets if they plan on coming, why would there be more than 500 just deciding to chance their luck?
They say 500 are available on the day but they'll probably let in more than that. As above, if you can't get in away end then go round to the home end, not like there won't be space and Brechin fans are beyond caring so not like there would be any trouble.

Haha I was just a bit out then

Most folk have had ample opportunity to buy their tickets if they plan on coming, why would there be more than 500 just deciding to chance their luck?

Based on what I see here, did they not sell out in two days? Bit harsh if so.

As above, if you can't get in away end then go round to the home end, not like there won't be space and Brechin fans are beyond caring so not like there would be any trouble.

Tbf, I can't see much reason for segregation in the first place for what is an already relegated team and one that are basically unofficial champions. As highlighted already, Saints fans evidently aren't going to be angry if they don't win tomorrow, and none of us really expect a win nor give a toss now. Add to this fact that both sets of fans have absolutely no beef between them.

Did we have segregation when when Ayr / Cowden won promotion at the Glebe? Don't think so and they were far meatier games.

Anyway, I fully expect a full away end with a group of Saints fans huddled in the corner of the Cemetery End causing no bother at all. I just hope certain stewards can see the greater good and not look for trouble where there isn't any.

Saints fans: just don't do something stupid to spark it off, like ask someone if there's 'roll and sausage' or if there's 'salt and vinegar' for example.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Based on what I see here, did they not sell out in two days? Bit harsh if so.

Tbf, I can't see much reason for segregation in the first place for what is an already relegated team and one that are basically unofficial champions. As highlighted already, Saints fans evidently aren't going to be angry if they don't win tomorrow, and none of us really expect a win nor give a toss now. Add to this fact that both sets of fans have absolutely no beef between them.

Did we have segregation when when Ayr / Cowden won promotion at the Glebe? Don't think so and they were far meatier games.

Anyway, I fully expect a full away end with a group of Saints fans huddled in the corner of the Cemetery End causing no bother at all. I just hope certain stewards can see the greater good and not look for trouble where there isn't any.

Saints fans: just don't do something stupid to spark it off, like ask someone if there's 'roll and sausage' or if there's 'salt and vinegar' for example.

If you're desperate to go then two days is more than ample time to get yourself a ticket - but that's just my opinion.  Again, if they get themselves up to Brechin at a decent time tomorrow then there will be absolutely no issues getting in.

Ayr was segregated, Cowden wasn't as I remember a load of them being in the Cemetery End trying to cause trouble. There was a line of police and stewards seperating the two sets of supporters. Those games were different anyway it was playoffs and there was a competitive edge obviously.cowden.jpg.92bda2bec0ecebcbb10ffd7f8c217092.jpg

cowden.jpg

Cowden wasn't as I remember a load of them being in the Cemetery End trying to cause trouble. There was a line of police and stewards seperating the two sets of supporters. Those games were different anyway it was playoffs and there was a competitive edge obviously.

Ah, yes, forgot about that. Worked out well for them at least. Here's hoping they behave themselves down in Dalbeattie and Innerleithen next season.

40 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

If you're desperate to go then two days is more than ample time to get yourself a ticket - but that's just my opinion.  Again, if they get themselves up to Brechin at a decent time tomorrow then there will be absolutely no issues getting in.

Ayr was segregated, Cowden wasn't as I remember a load of them being in the Cemetery End trying to cause trouble. There was a line of police and stewards seperating the two sets of supporters. Those games were different anyway it was playoffs and there was a competitive edge obviously.cowden.jpg.92bda2bec0ecebcbb10ffd7f8c217092.jpg

cowden.jpg

The biggest issue here was the announcement that there would be PATG just about the same time as our tickets went on sale. Our support is geographically well spread so the news that there would be pay on the day facilities meant plenty I know decided not to go to Paisley to buy in advance. The limited nature of PATG only became apparent after we announced our ticket allocation had been sold. This was then compounded by the mis-information (admittedly from SMFC) about a very limited PATG availability. As it stands 500 may or may not be enough but as you say I doubt anyone will be locked out given the space in the home end.

Archived