Brechin V champions in waiting

22 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

St Mirren giving Brechin the OF 'pat on the head' is sickening IMO.

Agreed. Sounds like the vast majority of the St Mirren support would be more at home at a six nations game. Disgusting behaviour. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

Another  ground out victory for Saints , had been expecting a 4 or 5 goal win , Maybe just saving the great display for Tuesday  and handing out a brassy to the pre-season title favorites in their own backyard. 

4 or 5 goal win? Had you seen any of the other matches between these 2. Frankly we are lucky to have 4 wins over them. 

Remember when Dunfermline beat us and thought they were going to win the league? Almost as funny as when Falkirk shitfested a 0-0 and thought they were making the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Dunfermline fans resorting to some truly cringeworthy attempts at bites. :lol:

Dunfermline won today I  think. Massive game for them as well.

I was probably one of the first in the home end behind the goal after they opened the gate. The hospitality from the home fans was nothing but bloody brilliant.

Thank you all, and all the best for next season.

Meh game.

7 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Agreed. Sounds like the vast majority of the St Mirren support would be more at home at a six nations game. Disgusting behaviour. 

We've been counting it down since the QotS game.

With everyone else chucking points away with gay abandon it's been the easiest of the three Championship winning seasons I've seen by far!   

If you can't afford a little bonhomie in these circumstances you never will.

Good luck to the Pars next season! :P

9 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

These kind of comments are welcome, thanks, and glad you all enjoyed your day. It would be nicer, tho, to hear some away fans for once bitching about having been robbed or deserving something from the game. Easy to be magnanimous when you're basically guaranteed a win. 

Was good to see the Glebe bouncing again tho - in fact I'd have said there were more than 2,400 there? There were 3,000 in for the united game and it seemed as busy as that if not more so. Not really clear about why the gate was opened either: presumably we segregate on police advice, in which case it doesn't add up that we can then just decide to open the gate after all, if we think it's getting a bit congested along the hedge.  It looked only about 3 deep anyway. 

The game - I said on the club thread that we did ok without ever looking like getting anything from it. Saints were comfortably better; good finish for the goal then it was over as a serious contest. We did a bit better down the hill in the second half - thought Morrison was a threat once he came on, tho I'd have taken Orsi off instead of Finn Graham. Still no win though. 

We arrived just before 2:30 and were the first knocked back from the big stand. We eventually settled around the halfway line where it was only 3/4 deep but it was far more crowded towards the stand.

As for the game we scored early but couldn't get the second goal and were never comfortable with everyone, players included, having one ear & eye on the Livi score. Nice bit of banter with Dyer (what's a win bonus - him not us) during an injury break when we pointed out one of his laces was undone.

A close game and as others have said find it surprising you're so far adrift as you've never made it easy for us this season.

Till the next time though I hope its not for a while.

These kind of comments are welcome, thanks, and glad you all enjoyed your day. It would be nicer, tho, to hear some away fans for once bitching about having been robbed or deserving something from the game. Easy to be magnanimous when you're basically guaranteed a win. 
Was good to see the Glebe bouncing again tho - in fact I'd have said there were more than 2,400 there? There were 3,000 in for the united game and it seemed as busy as that if not more so. Not really clear about why the gate was opened either: presumably we segregate on police advice, in which case it doesn't add up that we can then just decide to open the gate after all, if we think it's getting a bit congested along the hedge.  It looked only about 3 deep anyway. 
The game - I said on the club thread that we did ok without ever looking like getting anything from it. Saints were comfortably better; good finish for the goal then it was over as a serious contest. We did a bit better down the hill in the second half - thought Morrison was a threat once he came on, tho I'd have taken Orsi off instead of Finn Graham. Still no win though. 

Just proves Dods doesn’t have a scooby when he takes Graham off. The wee boy looks to play football,wants to win and has a bit of skill

The stewards I encountered in the stand behind the goal were fine. Chatty and friendly. My first visit ever to Glebe Park. I enjoyed the experience. A good club, who I am glad earned a nice end-of-season crust today from a large visiting support.
After a great first ten minutes, I thought the arse fell out of St Mirren, and it all went flat. There were long periods of silence from our big support - punctuated by magic moments, but they were when Morton goals went in at Livvy. It was all just.... flat.
I thought Brechin were solid. They hit the bar and forced a good save from Samson. I cannot believe they haven’t won a single game, they are a better side than that statistic shows. Genuine good wishes to Brechin City FC for next season. Applauds to the Brechin PA announcer for his kind words towards the St Mirren support as we exited at full time. A nice touch.
What did he say?

11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

St Mirren giving Brechin the OF 'pat on the head' is sickening IMO.

I was at Dunfermline twice this season to witness the well documented 'Shambles from Hell' and 'Return of the Shambles from Hell' from the amateurs that run DAFC.  Gates not open 60mins before kick-off,  limited gates, ticket problems with new barcode system, running out of food and drink, supporters getting in 30 mins after kick-off due to queues,  losing keys for ticket office, no change, no signage at turnstiles, stewards who hadn't a clue.  All under the banner of how not to provide a decent service.

Compare that to Brechin. All gates clearly signed 'Cash', 'Adult Ticket' or 'Concession Ticket'. Stewards helping to make sure people were in the right queue. We were among the first to enter and headed for the City Club. A few Brechin fans came over and told us that they were going to vacate the Club for that day as they wanted as many St Mirren fans in to enjoy celebrating winning the League - a noble gesture. Helpful stewards at the Stand helping a couple of people in wheelchairs get a good view. When it was obvious that the area allocated for the St Mirren support was too small a Club official came over and instructed the opening of the segregation gate to allow the St Mirren support to enter the Home terracing and mix with the Brechin fans to prevent overcrowding and get a better view. A nice big thank you to the St Mirren fans at the end of the game.

So any credit to Brechin is not patronising but well deserved for the excellent service they provided. Not that Dunfermline would have a clue what that meant.

24 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:
14 hours ago, pozbaird said:
The stewards I encountered in the stand behind the goal were fine. Chatty and friendly. My first visit ever to Glebe Park. I enjoyed the experience. A good club, who I am glad earned a nice end-of-season crust today from a large visiting support.
After a great first ten minutes, I thought the arse fell out of St Mirren, and it all went flat. There were long periods of silence from our big support - punctuated by magic moments, but they were when Morton goals went in at Livvy. It was all just.... flat.
I thought Brechin were solid. They hit the bar and forced a good save from Samson. I cannot believe they haven’t won a single game, they are a better side than that statistic shows. Genuine good wishes to Brechin City FC for next season. Applauds to the Brechin PA announcer for his kind words towards the St Mirren support as we exited at full time. A nice touch.

What did he say?

Along the lines of ‘safe journey home to all the visiting St Mirren fans, enjoy the rest of your season and good luck in next season’s SPFL Premiership, which is coming soon’.

11 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

I'm not too surprised they opened it up, before it was opened it was getting pretty difficult to walk down from stand to half-way, although there was more space past halfway where it was only 2 deep at points. It felt a lot less congested when it was opened.

Think one reason for this was people leaving the stand to join mates standing because they stopped people getting in the stand early on. The stand had a quite a lot of empty seats despite not letting anyone else in.

Also did the Saints bus which was having a wheel change at Auchterarder manage to get there before the goal? Must have been touch and go! 

17 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Yeah, we should be calling them cnuts and we should have sung ‘shite and you know you are’ at them, while slapping  their mental guy in the red bunnet over the head with a wet dishcloth.

Get a grip.

Leave that to the Morton lot . A tiny fraction of the support you took but 10 times more trouble. 

Archived