Falkirk vs Dunfermline - Sat 7th April

Agree with much of that. As I said we needed someone in the middle who could win us the ball and was not about to give it away over and over again.
I pointed out in November that Hartley had a lot to prove and for the most part he has got it right but sometimes I do question his team setup and decision making.
Overall, it’s a pass for me.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our season is now over but would be good to restore the natural order to these proceedings with a Home win.

Off the field shenanigans will be interesting I’m sure from both sets and will likely lead to a couple of reds on the field too.

Quoting Levein was always going to end well...

I have to say after getting the tactics spot on we made a strange sub that nearly cost us.
Higgy was making mistake after mistake and giving the ball away then he takes off Aird who was doing brilliantly and for me offensively our best player?
Now we had nat walking about doing nothing higgy giving the ball away and it's too much for beadling to cope with.
We don't half make things difficult needlessly. AJ is praising higgy post match but for me he did nothing apart from score a deflected shot.

21 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Fucking hell. 

Can we not just give the homophobia a rest ffs? 

20 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Is calling out homophobia a bad thing? 

20 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

There’s nothing remotely funny about homophobia and I will continue to call it out. 

Come on then, we're waiting.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

I have to say after getting the tactics spot on we made a strange sub that nearly cost us.
Higgy was making mistake after mistake and giving the ball away then he takes off Aird who was doing brilliantly and for me offensively our best player?
Now we had nat walking about doing nothing higgy giving the ball away and it's too much for beadling to cope with.
We don't half make things difficult needlessly. AJ is praising higgy post match but for me he did nothing apart from score a deflected shot.

Nah.....Hartley's 11 gave u the best advantage tactic.

Our greatest strength has been width with Robson and Tumilty with our mid three. I personally think there is better out there in Tumility but to put centre half/right back out there didn't help our case.

We need to be more compact when need be, basing our form on playing nobodies Jan onwards has put a few of of our fans into reality, yep its been better but they'd be serious questions if we got beat of the teams we played

Morris and Ashcroft were superb today. Falkirk fans hyped up Jakubiak massively and he was quiet as a mouse. Total back pocket job, especially first half.

The seethe after Higgy scored was out of this world. Looked like several home fans were in tears. Glorious.

Edit- tbf, I thought Sibbald looked different class.

Morris and Ashcroft were superb today. Falkirk fans hyped up Jakubiak massively and he was quiet as a mouse. Total back pocket job, especially first half.
The seethe after Higgy scored was out of this world. Looked like several home fans were in tears. Glorious.

Was amazed Higgy wasn’t booked for that celebration.
Much as I loathe Aird he was your best player, particularly in the first half.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Jak was much better when we gave him service, was poor first half when we gave him zero service. If he had the service the pars provided McManus and  Clark, then we wouldn't be discussing his contribution.

We shot ourselves in the foot with our starting 11....

Jak was very quiet first half but caused lots of problems second half. Sibbald was good today but far too often he was the furthest man back of the midfield.

I am loathe to admit that I called it beforehand. Our midfield had no one to do the dirty work, and win back/recycle the ball. Taiwo would have done this and allowed Sibbald to do his work in effective areas.

I thought we looked actually pretty good going forward after going 2 down but too little too late.

I have now seen enough to pass judgement on Sean Welsh.... Its a no from me. Not a bad player but not what we need.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Jak was very quiet first half but caused lots of problems second half. Sibbald was good today but far too often he was the furthest man back of the midfield.

I am loathe to admit that I called it beforehand. Our midfield had no one to do the dirty work, and win back/recycle the ball. Taiwo would have done this and allowed Sibbald to do his work in effective areas.

I thought we looked actually pretty good going forward after going 2 down but too little too late.

I have now seen enough to pass judgement on Sean Welsh.... Its a no from me. Not a bad player but not what we need.

I'm guessing Sibbald has to play deep as he's by far your best midfielder and Hartley wants him running things in there. You miss out on him going forward though.

I think Falkirk had more joy when we started sitting back. We're really not great at just holding on.

I'm guessing Sibbald has to play deep as he's by far your best midfielder and Hartley wants him running things in there. You miss out on him going forward though.
I think Falkirk had more joy when we started sitting back. We're really not great at just holding on.
Its the wrong role for him IMO. He has quick feet, can take the ball in crowded areas and our best avenue today was always going to be someone finding Jak or Nelson on the turn. Think Taiwo for Welsh today and we may have seen a different game.

I know we joked about not losing the midfield battle cos its Craigen, but the other midfield doesnt need to be a powerhouse to get the better of a powderpuff midfield.

That, and McGhee at RWB hamstrung us for the majority of the game.

Well that was delightful. First half we were better and Karl's (massively deflected) goal was just reward for us I thought. Falkirk were pretty toilet first half.
Second half and we started well, culminating in Aird's goal. The two scorers must have had Falkirk fans in paroxysms of rage.
After our second it was mostly Falkirk, but we held them to long range efforts and floaty crosses.
Penalty changed it. I didn't think it was but I've yet to see highlights so could be wrong.
After they scored we were hanging on a bit, although Clark should have made it 1-3 with the one on one (he should have made it 0-3 but missed that header).
Anyway, we held on and it was glorious.
Nice to see a few Pars posters    (and a couple with their lovely wives).
Oh and here's a song in tribute of big Johnny;

No complaints about the result, we conceded the midfield today. Welsh contributed less than Craigen which is a pretty remarkable state of affairs and a fairly strange team selection all in. Nothing at stake for us except bragging rights but we will just have to take the stick until normal service is resumed next season. At the end of the day Hartley was brought in to get us out of the desperate situation we were in and he has succeeded in that task really quite comfortably. Proper team rebuild in the summer and get back to competing for the title.
Incidentally can't understand the seethe towards Higginbotham, the perfect example of the type of lower league journeyman who will finish his career having played for around a dozen mediocre clubs.

Archived