2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:49, Bayviewboy said:

If the final is likely to have a crowd of around 2000, why don’t the SPFL try to help East Fife recoup some of the money wasted on the trip to Dublin by playing the game at Bayview ? By offering hospitality packages and bar takings, I’m sure they could recover some of the costs of travelling to Dublin for the game that was never going to go ahead.

Neil Doncaster was recently quoted as being willing to enter into discussions about compensating East Fife fans who went to Dublin. Not an easy thing to do, so why don’t they just send a cheque for £25000 - £30000 to the Club (an average of around £50 per person who travelled) I’m pretty sure most fans would accept that and would feel that as long as the money is going to help the club, they’d be happy to forego personal compensation. Come on SPFL, do the right thing for a change !!

This cant be a serious suggestion? Not only is Bayview a nightmare to get to by public transport the ground not worthy of a cup final.

Can you also explain to me how East Fife have money to 'recoup'? They made it to the next round of the cup, following the Dublin trip, so the club's expenses will have been exactly the same as they would have been had the game gone ahead.

You can make an argument for fan compensation but this doesn't have anything to do with your point.

The right thing to do is keeping the final as far away from Bayview as fucking possible.

On 19/02/2019 at 17:23, RiG said:

No fan of Ross County but I hope they body this Welsh mob right back into the coal mines of Merthyr Tydfil.

I shall have to disagree with you philosophically and geographically

For the few that want to travel north, shirley the Manchester / Inverness flight and a venue that is efficient for the rurals is appropriate

Edited by sophia

No trains between Perth and Inverness that weekend :lol:

(I also booked my train to go home to Inverness for a week break for the Tuesday after this game - rather than the Friday before - because I assumed the final would be in the Central Belt and couldn't be arsed travelling back down on a bus for one game)

29 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Pleasing.

I'm absolutely delighted that my advice has been heeded and I'm sure, given these most austere of times, every penny that comes to Inverness will be welcome.

Does anybody know the colours of Connah's Quay Nomads?

On 2/17/2019 at 11:55, algy said:

Ha, hold it in Inverness to maximise attendance? Imagine some Scottish side  - Hibs or someone - played West Ham  in the UEFA Cup, and I (an Englishman) told you that both legs should take place in London to maximise attendance .... I’d be called out as a condescending English p***k in no time. Rightly so.

Now look at it this way for you it’s a diddy cup final where the Scottish side are firm favourites. For Connah’s Quay it’s probably the biggest day in the club’s history and is likely to remain that way for a very long time, regardless of the result. Who cares they’re not that big by Scottish Championship standards? Let folks have their day in the sun. One of the best moments I’ve had at any football game was seeing the Dumbarton fans at last years semi final. I’ve been to a few semi finals supporting my club, Aston Villa, and you could tell they were having the same sort of day as I did then, it was magic. Great fans, that Dumbarton lot were. 

Anyroad, just saying that maybe football would be better if we considered all clubs big and small , not just chased £££

Unlucky, boyo.

Twitter is a great laugh. Mostly whinging about it not being a neutral venue because it's so close to Dingwall and it's unheard of to ever hold a cup final this close to one of the finalists (I mean, I must have missed all Celtic's recent cup finals being moved out of Glasgow). Others questioning why it wasn't at Ibrox, Celtic Park, or Hampden. 

Scottish final held in Scotland. People shocked.