Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4/25/2018 at 22:42, Adam101 said:

I wonder if we will stop having children the ‘natural’ way and eventually just grow them in labs it would be far safer for mother and child

Assuming this could be done with no difference to the babies that come out at the end of the process, should such a baby in a lab have the right to life? Should the mother have the right to abort? Should the father have the same right?

4 minutes ago, banana said:

Assuming this could be done with no difference to the babies that come out at the end of the process, should such a baby in a lab have the right to life? Should the mother have the right to abort? Should the father have the same right?

You need to ask Mr Huckabee or Gingrich.  They've seriously investigated the moral conundrums in these matters and have come to the conclusion that letting babies die because their parents can't afford medical care is better than letting terminally ill babies die with the least pain possible.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

And does the unborn child not have any rights?

No. 

Next question: Are you one of these mentalists, who thinks a woman should be forced to carry child against her will? 

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

But that's the point of the Irish referendum because they currently do, I'm asking you whether they should

An unborn child/foetus isn't an independent being. It can't,  in law, have rights. The 24 week limit is the point it could be argued that changes.

An unborn child/foetus isn't an independent being. It can't,  in law, have rights. The 24 week limit is the point it could be argued that changes.

But it's protected under the 8th ammended of the Irish constitution so it does with regards to the referendum debate. As an Irish citizen I can register to vote on this if I wish, I'm just trying to understand it a bit more.

8 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

But it's protected under the 8th ammended of the Irish constitution so it does with regards to the referendum debate. As an Irish citizen I can register to vote on this if I wish, I'm just trying to understand it a bit more.

I've no idea what the 8th amendment says, but my understanding of Irish law is that it was heavily influenced by The Catholic Church, so I, personally, wouldn’t attach much weight to it.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, banana said:

A very 'Progressive' twist - no consent needed for ending a baby's life, but consent required to change a baby's nappy.

I'll play along with her delusion.

If the kid 'didn't consent' would she just let it fester in it's own shit?

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I'll play along with her delusion.

If the kid 'didn't consent' would she just let it fester in it's own shit?

"Can I take the knife from your hand, sweetie? No? Oh well."

"Is it OK if daddy comes and gets you from the middle of the road, sweetie? No? Oh well."

I have my doubts that this lady is a parent.