Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Ok, I’ll bite. My comment was posted in reaction to banana & Ayrmad. These are the men I’m referring to in my post.
Not the medical profession or politicians.
Of course, Lisa Cuddy and Bairnardo make valid points regarding the increasing sex equality in those two lines of work- we are not quite there yet, but hopefully soon.

So it's only men that don't agree totally with your point of view.

Obviously members of the medical profession and politicians are beyond reproach in your world, you'll never see either profession following agendas, covering up misdemeanors, putting out misleading information or withholding information when it suits.

Nah, I'm cool with my input.

Only pulling your leg, I see what your trying to say. Without a doubt there are pros and cons to what Ireland voted. I was hounded earlier on this thread because I had the audacity to say that there was nothing to celebrate regardless of which side had prevailed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Good article touching on how activists manipulate the legalised killing of babies through control of words/language.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/10/the-dishonesty-of-the-abortion-debate/

...'product of conception'...

It’s not possible for the same creature to be a baby in one reading, a product of conception in another. Yet it’s the same human being. It’s as if a foetus is human only if it’s wanted; if it isn’t, it ceases to be human

Good article touching on how activists manipulate the legalised killing of babies through control of words/language.
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/10/the-dishonesty-of-the-abortion-debate/
...'product of conception'...
It’s not possible for the same creature to be a baby in one reading, a product of conception in another. Yet it’s the same human being. It’s as if a foetus is human only if it’s wanted; if it isn’t, it ceases to be human

Clearly the irony of your statement is lost on you.

Well this is strange.

A man has been sentenced to 22 years in jail for trying to kill his unborn child by spiking his partner's drink with an abortion pill, which she didn't drink.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-who-spiked-girlfriends-drink-with-abortion-drug-sentenced-to-22-years-in-prison/ar-BBOd7JY

Absolutely disgusting unequal treatment under the law. Feminists will surely march for equality for this man forthwith...

A mate of mine from school and his missus decided they wanted to have a baby earlier this year, and she got pregnant a while ago. They've now discovered that she's pregnant with twins, and she doesn't want two so is seriously considering having them aborted.

I write this as someone who can see both sides of this debate, and who could, in perfectly imaginable circumstances, be willing to have a kid aborted myself.

But surely this cannot be ok.

• The woman got pregnant on purpose
  • She's now a bit put-out that there are two of them there
  • She wants to kill these two lives purely for her convenience

I don't see how this is an ethical win. I am also unsure why the modern mantra of 'it's a woman's right to choose' seems to carry so much currency. Especially in a situation like this. This couple got pregnant deliberately and now she may exercise her 'right to choose' in order to exterminate two human lives that are the product of her deliberate action, purely for her own convenience.

I don't like that.

On 10/17/2018 at 15:52, JTS98 said:

I don't see how this is an ethical win. I am also unsure why the modern mantra of 'it's a woman's right to choose' seems to carry so much currency.

Because of the excellent propaganda/brainwashing job done by 50 years of feminism, allied with political correctness keeping control of the narrative ('disagree and you're a women hater, oppressor'). Your friend's bird is a product of this.

Feminism is and always has been about relieving women of responsibilities while demanding more and more rights and privileges, while at the same time ensuring men's responsibilities are met/enforced (hello government) and the same rights and privileges are not shared.

The man I posted about above being given a 22 year sentence for attempted abortion is as clear an indication you'll need of this, and that there is in fact something ethically dubious about killing babies. Unless you're a woman, and then it's celebrated.

What does your mate think about his missus wanting to kill his babies?

5 minutes ago, banana said:

Your friend's bird is a product of this.

It's not the 1970s banana. You can't expect to be taken seriously when talking about feminism when your opening paragraph refers to women as "birds". 

Edited by Shandon Par

On 17/10/2018 at 15:52, JTS98 said:

A mate of mine from school and his missus decided they wanted to have a baby earlier this year, and she got pregnant a while ago. They've now discovered that she's pregnant with twins, and she doesn't want two so is seriously considering having them aborted.

I write this as someone who can see both sides of this debate, and who could, in perfectly imaginable circumstances, be willing to have a kid aborted myself.

But surely this cannot be ok.

• The woman got pregnant on purpose
  • She's now a bit put-out that there are two of them there
  • She wants to kill these two lives purely for her convenience

I don't see how this is an ethical win. I am also unsure why the modern mantra of 'it's a woman's right to choose' seems to carry so much currency. Especially in a situation like this. This couple got pregnant deliberately and now she may exercise her 'right to choose' in order to exterminate two human lives that are the product of her deliberate action, purely for her own convenience.

I don't like that.

She should have the twins but just keep the second one in a cupboard for spare parts.