General World Cup Nonsense

jagfox

Cameramen keep zooming in on greeting fans. Maybe I'm just that hard but I don't think I've ever cried at the football, not even when the ball hit me in the stanes at a Spartans v Edinburgh City cup final.

Scotland have bored me to tears on occasion but I don't think that counts as the full Dawson..

dawson.png.b5c4170b38ce1e9371c5919e94e794e5.png

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Ally and John, lads on tour.

You rather get the impression there are certain pundits at the World Cup who wouldn't know who Stalin was.

Jon Champion and All McCoist have been excellent, and very obviously enjoy being there and outside their football bubble.  If it comes down to it, ITV will get my viewing if those two are commentating.  Clearly it will be Clive and Gary, though, and if it's England in the final I don't think that bears contemplating.

Just looked for the first time since before the World Cup started at the Misc Fitba forum and that same guy and Rab B Nesbitt are still trying to wind each other up with cringeworthy banter.

Can this World Cup just last forever please?

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Cameramen keep zooming in on greeting fans. Maybe I'm just that hard but I don't think I've ever cried at the football, not even when the ball hit me in the stanes at a Spartans v Edinburgh City cup final.

Scotland have bored me to tears on occasion but I don't think that counts as the full Dawson..

dawson.png.b5c4170b38ce1e9371c5919e94e794e5.png

It's not the crying I object to, more the hypocritical looking on the verge of suicide after a defeat, before noticing that the camera is on them and suddenly grinning like they've just won the Lottery while watching a hilarious cat video on YouTube. 

We finally win in India in 2162!

Then make 5 finals in a row between 2182 - 2198, only winning the last one! 

We NEVER host alone, 2094 is held in ‘GB and Ireland’

The Spain vs Catalonia final in 2226 sounds a bit mentz! Match abandoned and replayed at a later date!

lol at the Holland vs Germany 5-hour penalty shootout in 2238! 86-85 on sudden death!

The long predicted first African winners comes in 2042, Egypt winning their own hosted WC

9 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

France have now played 6 games, and haven't worn the same kit combination twice.

Blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks
Blue/blue/red
White/blue/white
Blue/white/red
All white
All blue.

Announced France will be in all blue with Croatia in their traditional red and white checkerboard with white shorts and socks.

On 7/11/2018 at 00:28, Christophe said:

We finally win in India in 2162!

Then make 5 finals in a row between 2182 - 2198, only winning the last one! 

We NEVER host alone, 2094 is held in ‘GB and Ireland’

The Spain vs Catalonia final in 2226 sounds a bit mentz! Match abandoned and replayed at a later date!

lol at the Holland vs Germany 5-hour penalty shootout in 2238! 86-85 on sudden death!

The long predicted first African winners comes in 2042, Egypt winning their own hosted WC

They also have 2230 being held worldwide ala Euro 2020 to celebrate the 300th anniversary and 2234 being played on the moon.

22 minutes ago, Donathan said:

They also have 2230 being held worldwide ala Euro 2020 to celebrate the 300th anniversary and 2234 being played on the moon.

I see they have updated 2018 to be a 4-1 procession for France against Croatia. Get the mortgage on it! 

On 12/07/2018 at 23:48, Christophe said:

I see they have updated 2018 to be a 4-1 procession for France against Croatia. Get the mortgage on it! 

Wasn't far off

Archived