General World Cup Nonsense

jagfox

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Guardian has a smart few features that let you chose all time World Cup XIs for some select teams. They've also had a player from each team pick their own. The Brazil, France and Argentina ones are especially astounding; 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/series/world-cup-all-time-xis

think this is the thread for this but is anyone else struggling with the suns dream team app? keep selecting my team but seems to reset overnight and only leaves a few of the 11 players! getting frustrated.

Here's the Italian squad wearing the kits of the teams at Italia '90. We got Mancini.... not bad. IMG_20180609_081751.jpg.55fd6c5877ec0f8344b2ee332fde7d7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Still probably my most favourite world cup. Possibly because it was the 1st one I remember watching. I had the sticker album which i only recently chucked (was only half filled out) but had so much information about past tournaments and great goals. IMG_4309.jpg

Still probably my most favourite world cup. Possibly because it was the 1st one I remember watching. I had the sticker album which i only recently chucked (was only half filled out) but had so much information about past tournaments and great goals. IMG_4309.thumb.jpg.3668ae4cc415cbb2a65b896ebbf28849.jpg

You chucked the big folder?

I'm pretty certain they're quite valuable for collectors (even if you didn't complete the stickers).

It was my favourite sticker book of all time, but tbf it was more a collection of magazines. The 'greatest goals' bit was amazing, for me the arrie haan (apologies for spelling) goal sticks in my mind.

It was also my first introduction to the Archie gemmel goal (as a 9 year old).

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

You chucked the big folder?

I'm pretty certain they're quite valuable for collectors (even if you didn't complete the stickers).

It was my favourite sticker book of all time, but tbf it was more a collection of magazines. The 'greatest goals' bit was amazing, for me the arrie haan (apologies for spelling) goal sticks in my mind.

It was also my first introduction to the Archie gemmel goal (as a 9 year old).

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Folk did say to me to stick it on ebay, but didnt think i would get much for it without most of the stickers. Was the first time i had ever heard of the United Arab Emirates as well. Was such a fountain of knowledge in it. Have been underwhelmed by the sticker albums since then.

Was watching some old highlights of '82 and '86 last night and seeing that big folder a couple of posts up brought back the memory of having a Mexico '86 sticker album of all the qualification games ever played for tournament.  Seem to remember it was probably vinyl album sized and had pages upon pages of wee flag stickers that you had to put next to the teams playing in the qualifying rounds.   Cant remember it having the actual tournament in it but definitely page after page of Micronesia vs Tahiti etc.

Certainly helped with my world flag knowledge at the time. 

Here's the Italian squad wearing the kits of the teams at Italia '90. We got Mancini.... not bad. IMG_20180609_081751.jpg.55fd6c5877ec0f8344b2ee332fde7d7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Just shows you what a cracking kit we had then, it's the best one there and one of the best we've ever had!!!

Archived