General World Cup Nonsense

jagfox

I was wondering how the stats were compiled for 'distance covered' etc. I couldn't find an answer on here, so for anyone who doesn't know, apparently it works like this :-

Three HD cameras in various locations at each arena use image recognition to recognize the 22 players, three referees, and the ball. The system tracks the XYZ coordinates of each of the objects, and then relays the information to a multi-screen, digital workstation where 74 people pore over the data on-site, aided by another 20 back inItaly.

The reason Deltatre uses cameras to optically track everything is that  players have resisted adding tracking technology into their equipment—such as their shoes —despite it being possible for some time.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, pub car king said:

Hopefully today's 3 games involve a f**k load of goals and at least one absolute doing. Fancy Ronaldo to show f**k all mercy for the opponents today.

Sorry about that

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44550244 . Classic World Cup nonsense.

“Does his best to emulate banks save” yeah, im sure as he was diving for that he was thinking “finally, my chance to emulate the banks save” rather than it just being an instinctive dive and save.

Wankers.

Eta: this could have went in one of three forums. This one, pttgoyn or terrible journalism.

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The Banks save was good. Very good. But it's the most overrated save of all time 

Could you give us a rundown of the rest of the top 10 most overrated saves of all time, or is this just meaningless hyperbole?

16 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Could you give us a rundown of the rest of the top 10 most overrated saves of all time, or is this just meaningless hyperbole?

I'll wait until I see your list.

Plus Uruguay wearing white against Egypt, Nigeria having to change against Croatia, Korea in white against Sweden.and apparently in Korea's other two games, Mexico have to wear white but Germany have to wear green.

9 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Plus Uruguay wearing white against Egypt, Nigeria having to change against Croatia, Korea in white against Sweden.and apparently in Korea's other two games, Mexico have to wear white but Germany have to wear green.

Image result for billy bleach

I can't remember a World Cup ( or indeed any tournament) where so many teams have lost ( or won) both their opening 2 fixtures. 

From groups A-C Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Peru all on 0.

Looking at upcoming fixtures:

Nigeria will have 0 if they lose to Iceland,

Costa Rica if they lose to Brazil,

South Korea if they lose to Mexico,

Panama and Tunisia if they lose to England and Belgium.

Poland or Columbia if there is a victor in their match.

None of those results are wildly beyond what you might expect, maybe only Nigeria against Iceland will get a point or 3.

Unfortunately it is shaping up to be a dull final round of group games, lacking the usual tension , excitement and drama.

18 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

I can't remember a World Cup ( or indeed any tournament) where so many teams have lost ( or won) both their opening 2 fixtures. 

From groups A-C Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Peru all on 0.

Looking at upcoming fixtures:

Nigeria will have 0 if they lose to Iceland,

Costa Rica if they lose to Brazil,

South Korea if they lose to Mexico,

Panama and Tunisia if they lose to England and Belgium.

Poland or Columbia if there is a victor in their match.

None of those results are wildly beyond what you might expect, maybe only Nigeria against Iceland will get a point or 3.

Unfortunately it is shaping up to be a dull final round of group games, lacking the usual tension , excitement and drama.

...and the corresponding World Cup group stage results? 

Archived