The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, clydeyoungyin said:

Heard from a very good source at the club today we are again talking to Huddersfield trying to get a young striker in that played a level above Boyle and Coghill, and we had a young lad in training ex Thistle player, although not sure on his name.

I like this post. More of this sort of thing.

23 hours ago, clydeyoungyin said:

Heard from a very good source at the club today we are again talking to Huddersfield trying to get a young striker in that played a level above Boyle and Coghill, and we had a young lad in training ex Thistle player, although not sure on his name.

I smell bullshit, young yin.

I can’t believe Clyde haven’t signed another forward yet.
I trust Danny Lennon but we are pushing our luck counting on Goodwillie constantly.
You have to think a striker is top of the list
Maybe waiting to get someone on loan after window closes after Saturday there is a fortnight before next game

On 25/08/2018 at 00:38, Clyde01 said:

Yeah, that’s the rumour.

Alan Gow was a tremendous player when he was younger. Genuinely thought he was going to go onto big things. Probably ruined his career somewhat by signing for Rangers and appears to have been blighted by injury for a while now. He was training with us before the 2016/17 season but we didn't sign him and he appears to have fallen off the face of the earth football-wise since then. Undoubtedly an extremely talented footballer but could be a gamble or a waste of a wage at this stage of his career. 

Might have a free weekend the first weekend of October so was planning on heading up for the QP game. Quick question... Is there definitely no chance that the game will be moved? Don't wanna book flights and hotel and then have the game get cancelled due to the Challenge Cup or something else I've forgotten. 

11 hours ago, airdrieman said:

. He was training with us before the 2016/17 season but we didn't sign him and he appears to have fallen off the face of the earth football-wise since then.

seemingly contracted blood poisoning after cutting his finger and was quite ill for a time ... agree might be worth a gamble as we need something else up front..

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Might have a free weekend the first weekend of October so was planning on heading up for the QP game. Quick question... Is there definitely no chance that the game will be moved? Don't wanna book flights and hotel and then have the game get cancelled due to the Challenge Cup or something else I've forgotten. 

The next round of the Irn Bru cup is the 13th/14th October, when the next international break is. QP will be out by then anyway.

The Scottish Cup doesn't start until the 20th October so no prospect of a replay cancelling the QP game.

Depending how tomorrow goes, the game might not be at Hampden:whistle

I think they tend to stick to international breaks to put games on so you should be alright nothing due on that date

Eddie Ferns released. Seemed a bizarre signing at the time given that we've shown no inclination to play an orthodox winger at any point in the last 6 months, and he's also shown himself to be exceptionally limited. For a guy who is supposed to go past people he couldn't seem to ever take two good touches out of his feet in a row. Leaves us with even less in the way of attacking players though!

Nowhere near good enough from what I’ve seen, with him and Miller away I would hope something might happen as far as replacement goes.

Really important signing(s) now, can’t afford to waste this opportunity to strengthen the side, not in squad terms but with additional quality to starting 11. 

Archived