The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not announced a signing in over two hours. McCall Out.

Must be keeping the big ones for Fabulous Friday.

Does the transfer window not open on 1st of June in terms of new signings? Stupid question but I’m pretty sure we can’t officaially sign players till the transfer window opens unless the players are not contracted to other clubs? 

We can sign players on pre-contracts which we’ll probably be doing. Doubt we’ll try and sign players that are still under contract unless that team is desperate to get rid of them.

Just now, somerset_lad said:

We can sign players on pre-contracts which we’ll probably be doing. Doubt we’ll try and sign players that are still under contract unless that team is desperate to get rid of them.

That’s true, I just thought it could be a reason we haven’t had any signings. Ideally hoping for Adams, Crawford and Rose to sign. That would be great! 

With Kerr signing tomorrow and potentially Rose then we’re not far away from a decent starting 11.

McCall knows we need a left back and wants a centre back but that’ll probably be put on hold until he’s back from his holiday as will Crawford.

No news on McDaid or Adams yet but I think both will sign.

GK

Geggan Rose CB LB

McDaid? Doc Kerr Crawford?

Moffat Shankland

Of the players signed I don’t think any are massively out of their depth but if I was being really picky I’d want another central midfielder but I’d settle for a Doc and Kerr partnership.

37 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

With Kerr signing tomorrow and potentially Rose then we’re not far away from a decent starting 11.

McCall knows we need a left back and wants a centre back but that’ll probably be put on hold until he’s back from his holiday as will Crawford.

GK

Geggan Rose CB LB

Moffat Shankland

Of the players signed I don’t think any are massively out of their depth but if I was being really picky I’d want another central midfielder but I’d settle for a Doc and Kerr partnership.

Bell or Higgins CB ???

GK

Geggan Rose CB LB

Moffat Shankland

I think Crawford is best as cm. Forrest on the wing will give me nightmares in that league though not got enough pace to play there

Bit concerning McCalls only looking at 2 new defenders. The defence last year was underwhelming at best, so I reckon we’d need a new right back, centre back and left back as well as Rose. Will Geggan be enough for our first choice right back?