The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

500 club here I come

Club has done their part

Time for us to do ours

Everyone will do their wee bit I'm sure, whether it's 500 club, season ticket, show up etc

Happy days - they don't come around often enough but to know the good times you have to suffer the bad 

If we get Moore and Rose signed up that would be a phenomenal platform to build upon.

From what McDaids put on insta looks like he'll be returning, not sure about Crawford, get a feeling he might go.

McCall also says he wants Kerr to stay and can't see him getting many offers from clubs better than us.

Season tickets and gate prices

Afraid to say it but can't see there being a significant increase in season ticket sales but you never know, I for one don't get one because I work some Saturdays so can't commit to every home game.

Think a lot of people probably in the same situation.

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Afraid to say it but can't see there being a significant increase in season ticket sales but you never know, I for one don't get one because I work some Saturdays so can't commit to every home game.

There will be an increase of one come Thursday.

Why don't you get one and I will take a shot of it the games you dont make[emoji23] [emoji106]

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

And two.

I’ve not had one for a couple of years due to work, but only working one in four now so will get one based on Shankland signing.

I'm not into ST's but I have said I'd get one if Shankland re-signed, whether I win or lose financially doesn't really interest me.

Perhaps the 300/400 regular away day goers could forgo one away day each and donate it to the 500fund, 300 @ £40 rolls up to £12k extra for own club.

Crawford, by my reckoning will enter his 8th year as an Ayr player if he signs on this year, two years under Reid, three years Roberts and  two years with McCall and he is only 24. Would like to see him stay and get a move up the way somewhere, this season was shaping up to be his best, full time training had paid off and he had started to score goals, he was our top goal scorer at one point early on. The injury will hopefully put potential suitors off and he'll be back next year, maybe even get a testimonial against an EPL boys team in front of 1200 people come 2020 if he is lucky. 

Got a half season ticket last year, takes a wee bit getting used to remembering to bring it. I will definitely be getting a season ticket this season now. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Got a half season ticket last year, takes a wee bit getting used to remembering to bring it. I will definitely be getting a season ticket this season now. 

Was that to match your wit Derek?

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Crawford, by my reckoning will enter his 8th year as an Ayr player if he signs on this year, two years under Reid, three years Roberts and  two years with McCall and he is only 24. Would like to see him stay and get a move up the way somewhere, this season was shaping up to be his best, full time training had paid off and he had started to score goals, he was our top goal scorer at one point early on. The injury will hopefully put potential suitors off and he'll be back next year, maybe even get a testimonial against an EPL boys team in front of 1200 people come 2020 if he is lucky. 

On a similar note I had a look on soccerbase to see how many games Forrest had played - was surprised to see he is still only 21 but has played nearly 200 games and scored 40 odd goals.  

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I was thinking about Forrest earlier and this will be his 6th full season with us. If Crawford signs, having him Forrest and McGuffie again is a great advert for our Academy. Must be close to if not exceeding 400 appearances between they 3 alone. 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

On a similar note I had a look on soccerbase to see how many games Forrest had played - was surprised to see he is still only 21 but has played nearly 200 games and scored 40 odd goals.  

Beat me to it :lol:

19 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Yes and no. Definitely had offers that would outweigh us, however he is enjoying his time here so I always felt there was a chance of him staying.

Allegedly, and I stress allegedly, we offered Shankland a contract but he turned it down after Ayr came back with a slight increase. I suspect he was happy to stay with you guys anyway so money probably wasn't a massive issue. Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship. Looking forward to my trips to Somerset next season :)