The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Good that it’s been confirmed. Was hoping Rose might’ve signed today but hoping he’ll sign soon enough.

Think that’ll probably be it for about week until McCall comes back unless there’s stuff to be announced while he’s away.

4 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

Good that it’s been confirmed. Was hoping Rose might’ve signed today but hoping he’ll sign soon enough.

Think that’ll probably be it for about week until McCall comes back unless there’s stuff to be announced while he’s away.

Aye, don’t expect their will be any transfer activity for the next week or so.

At the moment for matchday 1 we’re looking at something like this

GK

Geggan

(Rose)

New CB

New LB

(McDaid)

Docherty

New CM

Crawford

Moffat

Shankland

Subs: (Hart), (Ferguson), Higgins, Bell, (Adams), Kerr, Moore

think we need a GK, CB, LB, CM, LW. This will obviously have to be re-evaluated if some of the players don’t re-sign. Forrest and McGuffie don’t even get on bench in that team. 

ETA: () indicates they haven’t re-signed yet. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

GK

Geggan

(Rose)

New CB

New LB

(McDaid)

Docherty

New CM

Crawford

Moffat

Shankland

think we need a GK, CB, LB, CM, LW. This will obviously have to be re-evaluated if some of the players don’t re-sign. Forrest and McGuffie don’t even get on bench in that team. 

Think McCall said that Docherty would be back in full training by the end of July in his interview - given how long he has been out I wouldn’t think he’ll be ready to start at the beginning of the season.

Also - if here, Forrest and McGuffie should both always be on the bench as they can change things. Three people that can play CB on that bench plus a RB. Three that can play CM as well. You know you’re bored of pre season already when you are critiquing potential bench options!

GK

Geggan
(Rose)
New CB
New LB

(McDaid)
Docherty
New CM
Crawford

Moffat
Shankland

Surprised you have doc over Kerr

GK

Geggan
(Rose)
New CB
New LB

(McDaid)
Docherty
New CM
Crawford

Moffat
Shankland

I think we’re ok in midfield. We’ve got 6 players who can comfortably play there plus Rose in case of emergency.

It’s the full back area that’s concerning me. Obviously we need a left back but how many games is Geggan going to play next season if he continues picking up injuries. We’ve got Ferguson but at the moment he’s not ready to be relied upon.

In saying that I’ll be happy if the rest of the squad sign up and we sign a goalie, a CB and a LB. The league cup will give us an early indication if the team is going to be ready for when the real games start.

Signing David Templeton would be fairly unlikely and fairly unnecessary but by f**k I'd love it
 19881989-ayr-utd-v-qots-1-1-somerset-park-ayr-ayr-utds-henry-templeton-bjj9c1.jpg

Hard to believe that he’s almost 30. Did well getting to Rangers but apart from a couple of seasons he was injured all the time.

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Signing David Templeton would be fairly unlikely and fairly unnecessary but by f**k I'd love it

Image result for henry templeton

Thinking of Henry I looked this up on Youtube, seeing Henry in full flight again, Tommy walkers air punch celebration, the best Ayr away strip ever, apart from the length of the shorts obviously, Ross Scotts moustache, Ally talking bollocks in the after match interview.

11 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Surprised you have doc over Kerr

9 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

I think we’re ok in midfield. We’ve got 6 players who can comfortably play there plus Rose in case of emergency.

It’s the full back area that’s concerning me. Obviously we need a left back but how many games is Geggan going to play next season if he continues picking up injuries. We’ve got Ferguson but at the moment he’s not ready to be relied upon.

In saying that I’ll be happy if the rest of the squad sign up and we sign a goalie, a CB and a LB. The league cup will give us an early indication if the team is going to be ready for when the real games start.

While I think Kerr has been very good for us since coming in I'd be a bit worried if he's going to be a starter every week in the Championship. It can't be underestimated how big a leap it is from league 1 to championship, going from a mainly PT league to a mainly FT league with big clubs like Dundee United, Falkirk and Dunfermline with teams like Ross County splashing the £ is massive. There is obviously a reason why Kerr was released by Falkirk, they must of thought he wasn't up to championship level anymore.  

While I think Kerr has been very good for us since coming in I'd be a bit worried if he's going to be a starter every week in the Championship. It can't be underestimated how big a leap it is from league 1 to championship, going from a mainly PT league to a mainly FT league with big clubs like Dundee United, Falkirk and Dunfermline with teams like Ross County splashing the £ is massive. There is obviously a reason why Kerr was released by Falkirk, they must of thought he wasn't up to championship level anymore.  

According to Falkirk he didn’t get on with Hartley. Neither did Lee Miller. But maybe he wasn’t up to the pace anymore.

Tbf in his interview he said it’s not that big a leap from League 1 to the Championship.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

No chance whatsoever.

We don't need a Nicky Devlin type, we need full-backs whose strength is defending.

I'd imagine Kerr will be a starter and so will either Forrest or McGuffie. I'd also think either Bell or Higgins would also be a certain starter as we quite simply won't have the budget to retain these type of guys as simply "squad players", but then somehow manage to sign additional new recruits who are much better than them.

I'm not trying to put a dampener on things but simply offer a reality check, our main priority has to be signing 2 new full backs, a goalkeeper and retaining the services of both Rose and McDaid.

If we can do that, then I don't think we have much to fear about holding our own next season.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd imagine Kerr will be a starter and so will either Forrest or McGuffie. I'd also think either Bell or Higgins would also be a certain starter as we quite simply won't have the budget to retain these type of guys as simply "squad players", but then somehow manage to sign additional new recruits who are much better than them.

I'm not trying to put a dampener on things but simply offer a reality check, our main priority has to be signing 2 new full backs, a goalkeeper and retaining the services of both Rose and McDaid.

If we can do that, then I don't think we have much to fear about holding our own next season.

We need another centre half as well, we don't have the depth necessary at CB for the Championship IMHO.

Hart, (GK), (RB), (CB), Rose, (LB), McDaid, Crawford.

They are the essentials IMO then if there is still a budget available we can look at Adams. Not 100% on Ferguson, if we get all we need and there’s still some sort of budget I’d be ok with having him as cover. Think Higgins can be the left back cover as well.