The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

If McCrorie or any goalie for that matter signs on say Thursday or Friday he's obviously going to probably only have two training sessions with the team maximum before Saturday.

Does McCall fling him in to start the Morton game or go with Hare-Reid?, personally I'd go with Hare-Reid.

Yeah, go with Hare-reid, it would be a confidence knocker for Ellis if Mccall threw in a new keeper just like that. Even 45 minutes, gives him experience. 

Edited by Roxanne's man
Tommy Cooper....

Yeah, go with Hare-reid, it would be a confidence knocker for Ellis if Mccall threw in a new keeper just like that. Even 45 minutes, gives him experience. 

Personally I would be going with the keeper who needs to get to know his new defence. Play Hare - Reid in the challenge cup and potentially in one of the league cup games depending on how it goes.

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Personally I would be going with the keeper who needs to get to know his new defence. Play Hare - Reid in the challenge cup and potentially in one of the league cup games depending on how it goes.

Aye this is exactly how I see it. 

Just out of interest, I know there's talk of us signing Ferguson to play on the right back position.... 

Who is the best Right full back you've ever seen for Ayr and Why? 

I'm still a young lad, so the best I've seen would be either Nicky Devlin (who I thought ran the team well for a young age) or John Robertson (the younger one, not his second spell where he should have scored against killie) they both had a presence at the back and showed commitment in trying to get forward to set up other players, Devlin especially. 

Anybody? :-) 

Edited by Roxanne's man
If anybody mentions Marc Smyth, then your a cock.

39 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Just out of interest, I know there's talk of us signing Ferguson to play on the right back position.... 

Who is the best Right full back you've ever seen for Ayr and Why? 

I'm still a young lad, so the best I've seen would be either Nicky Devlin (who I thought ran the team well for a young age) or John Robertson (the younger one, not his second spell where he should have scored against killie) they both had a presence at the back and showed commitment in trying to get forward to set up other players, Devlin especially. 

Anybody? :-) 

It isn't Nicky Devlin.

21 minutes ago, .buzzy01 said:

Neither Devlin or Robertson are in the same league as Steve Nicol or going back even further, Dick Malone. 

Nicol best for me by a long way.

Just for the youngsters, Nicky Devlin wouldn't get to polish Nicol' boots.

Steve Nicol by a country mile. Knew he would play for Scotland from the first time I saw him. Played over 300 games for the great Liverpool team of the eighties. Won umpteen league titles and a European Cup Medal in the final v Roma. Says it all really.  Dick Malone was also an excellent full back if not quite in the same class.  

Cheers guys. Appreciate this, learning about my home team before my time :-)

The players I saw were the likes of Gary Teale, Glynn Hurst and Andy Walker. Alan Horace, Mickey Reynolds, John Hughes, Eddie Annand.... You get the drift, 97 onwards. Its great learning from a time before my own, shows the passion that we have for this team.

I am an Honest man and I am proud. 

15 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Cheers guys. Appreciate this, learning about my home team before my time :-)

The players I saw were the likes of Gary Teale, Glynn Hurst and Andy Walker. Alan Horace, Mickey Reynolds, John Hughes, Eddie Annand.... You get the drift, 97 onwards. Its great learning from a time before my own, shows the passion that we have for this team.

I am an Honest man and I am proud. 

Yeah same era as myself .also add stevie kerrigan,james grady,lauren d'jaffo,marvin wilson,castilla.loved david craig also .

16 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Yeah same era as myself .also add stevie kerrigan,james grady,lauren d'jaffo,marvin wilson,castilla.loved david craig also .

David Craig. I remember my papa called him 'David craig back post' as he was always stood at back post for corners. He was a player of pure brilliance, who did something magical and always messed it up. Comical to watch. 

Laurent J'Daffo was the French guy? Monsteratt? French Guinea or something? 

Pat mcginlay? Mark Campbell, Neil Duffy, Craig Nelson, Paul lovering... List goes on. My mum loved Mickey Reynolds. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

David Craig. I remember my papa called him 'David craig back post' as he was always stood at back post for corners. He was a player of pure brilliance, who did something magical and always messed it up. Comical to watch. 

Laurent J'Daffo was the French guy? Monsteratt? French Guinea or something? 

Benin internationalist .lol