The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Over 100 last season mate

Really!? What's he at now then? :-) chuffed for that fella. 

I meant 100 goals for Ayr united. I'm sure he only scored roughly ten last season. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Really!? What's he at now then? :-) chuffed for that fella. 
I meant 100 goals for Ayr united. I'm sure he only scored roughly ten last season. 
He's on 82 goals for us now, one more and he will tie Sludden in the top 10 scorers in the club's history.

12 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Had a debate with a Celtic fan at work today brining down the club's achievements last season and the start of this one saying shankland can only do against part timers etc, total pish talk! and you know something the up's and downs is why I love this club, at the moment we are on a massive high best days since late 90s early 00s and long may it continue, I dream of the day we get to the premier league or win a cup but it's not the be all and end all of supporting a club like Ayr, I honestly think supporting a club like Celtic must be boring at times when you win 95% of your games, when we get success we treasure it because we don't know when it will happen again.

A Celtic fan would know nothing about "achievement", seeing as their team is regularly embarrassed in Europe and can only beat teams who have a fraction of their budget.

10 hours ago, RedEd said:

The Development League has been replaced by the Reserve League. The SPFL clearly need to update their paperwork, there is no u17 league any more, it's now an u18 league.

I was at the game where Muir was sent off but I can't remember if it was a straight red or two yellows. It was a pre season match against BSC Glasgow.

So do we know if Harvie is missing the opening league game or not? 

Looks like we're through to the next round irrespective of Saturday, I've not worked it all out personally but Richard Gordon promises we'll be fine so should be ok.

Four second placed teams would need to be ahead of us after Saturday.

Group A - No team can finish second on 9 points or more

Group B - No team can finish second on 9 points or more

Group C - If Hearts beat Inverness then Thistle will come second on 9 points with a maximum goal difference of 5. We would need to lose by 5 more than Inverness do, or 4 more with them scoring more than we do on the day.

Group D - Dundee and Dunfermline could both finish second on 9 points. There would need to be a 4 goal swing to Dundee for them to pass us.

Group E - This is our group

Group F - Similar to Group D, Airdrie would have to beat Hamilton and produce a 4-goal swing over their match and ours to pass us.

Group G - QoS have completed their fixtures with 9 points and +7 goal difference. We would need to lose by two to fall behind them, or by 3 if we score 3 or more.

Group H - St Mirren can finish second on 9 points but would need a 10 goal swing, or 9 if they score at least 11 goals more than us on Saturday.

I think.

Edited by Iain

8 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Us losing 4-0 and Hearts beating Inverness 1-0 is the only combination stopping us apparently.

I'll maybe go for an outlandish correct score double, just to be on the safe side.............

Personally, I don't see Ayr losing to a 'lottery winner funded' team like Partick at the weekend, they have got off to a flyer and to lose would only stifle the confidence the team has. Ten goals in three games is just fantastic.

This young team IMO should give Partick a scare. Doohan will get a proper taste of what it's like at a championship away ground. As long as the defence is sorted, Ayr should win this. 

59 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Personally, I don't see Ayr losing to a 'lottery winner funded' team like Partick at the weekend, they have got off to a flyer and to lose would only stifle the confidence the team has. Ten goals in three games is just fantastic.

This young team IMO should give Partick a scare. Doohan will get a proper taste of what it's like at a championship away ground. As long as the defence is sorted, Ayr should win this. 

A good cup run is fantastic, as a realist I’m going to hope we get a ‘big’ team away to put a few coffers in the kitty.

The league is our bread and butter. If this team can establish us back where we belong and not this yo-yo pish we’ve become acustomed to then I’ll be a very happy Ayr supporter. 

21 minutes ago, Waniche said:

A good cup run is fantastic, as a realist I’m going to hope we get a ‘big’ team away to put a few coffers in the kitty.

I'd rather Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Hearts at Somerset, just for the atmosphere. Get a wee bit of money in. It would be great to see a fully-fit Ayr team against a Premier league team, as I'm sure we could pip them. :-) 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

The Greenock Morton thread for this pish.

6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

The Greenock Morton thread for this pish.

Why? They do get funding from a lottery winner and I fully believe that Ayr will beat them. Hardly pish. So because I state two points, I've to put it on a Greenock thread? 

Shun the non believer. 

20 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'd rather Kilmarnock, St Mirren or Hearts at Somerset, just for the atmosphere. Get a wee bit of money in. It would be great to see a fully-fit Ayr team against a Premier league team, as I'm sure we could pip them. :-) 

Not scumarnock and think if it was at San Somerset the gate would be shared and if on tv the money has already been dished out before the cup started. 

Hearts away would do fine. Yes I think we’d pip them.