The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Such a buzz going round just now. Been a while since I’ve counted more Ayr tops being worn round the town on a non game day than dirty old firm tops. Plus two buses from two different travel clubs going up on Saturday.

I’m still going to verge on the edge of caution, the majority of us have had our ‘fingers burnt in the fire’ before but doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the warming glow it gives and keep it burning. 

Overheard someone say about Shankland last night, “Aye he’ll be off in January” and someone replied “ffs just enjoy yerself”. Same person probably complained it was only 5 and not 7. Unfortunately being realistic it does happen in football but he’s contracted until the end of the season and it’s a long way to go till christmas. 

Im loving the buzz just now.

19 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Overheard someone say about Shankland last night, “Aye he’ll be off in January” and someone replied “ffs just enjoy yerself”. Same person probably complained it was only 5 and not 7. Unfortunately being realistic it does happen in football but he’s contracted until the end of the season and it’s a long way to go till christmas. 

Im loving the buzz just now.

Exactly.  Shankland is obviously not going to be playing for Ayr United forever but we should just enjoy being able to see a player like him playing for us. It's been a long time since we had a player of his calibre.

He enjoys it too much at Ayr. Shankland won't get a team like that anywhere else, they are all good friends and the performance on the pitch shows that. I'm not concerned for January, I don't see him going anywhere. 

I too have said multiple times that I'd be delighted to seal 8th place next season, but the flip side of that coin is that this is one of the best squads that we have produced in my lifetime and I think they are far, far better than the 20th best team in Scotland. As much as 8th may be considered a success, I think it would be a bit underwhelming given the buzz around this team right now.

17 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

He enjoys it too much at Ayr. Shankland won't get a team like that anywhere else, they are all good friends and the performance on the pitch shows that. I'm not concerned for January, I don't see him going anywhere. 

Hope so bud.

Anyone and everyone who has a soft spot for Ayr United FC simply MUST go and watch this team this season.

This is dreamland for us diehards.  

DO NOT miss out on one of the best Ayr sides of a lifetime.

Get everyone told, drag them along, pay for their ticket, blindfold them, drug them if need be (drowsy cough mixture only).

I for one cannot wait for Saturday, and for every other match day.

Picked up exactly where they left off.

Buckle up boys and girls, it's going to be one he'll of a ride!!!!

Had a debate with a Celtic fan at work today brining down the club's achievements last season and the start of this one saying shankland can only do against part timers etc, total pish talk! and you know something the up's and downs is why I love this club, at the moment we are on a massive high best days since late 90s early 00s and long may it continue, I dream of the day we get to the premier league or win a cup but it's not the be all and end all of supporting a club like Ayr, I honestly think supporting a club like Celtic must be boring at times when you win 95% of your games, when we get success we treasure it because we don't know when it will happen again.

Had a debate with a Celtic fan at work today brining down the club's achievements last season and the start of this one saying shankland can only do against part timers etc, total pish talk! and you know something the up's and downs is why I love this club, at the moment we are on a massive high best days since late 90s early 00s and long may it continue, I dream of the day we get to the premier league or win a cup but it's not the be all and end all of supporting a club like Ayr, I honestly think supporting a club like Celtic must be boring at times when you win 95% of your games, when we get success we treasure it because we don't know when it will happen again.
They're not winning just now!

IMG_2620.jpg
Was looking at the suspension list for league games and noticed both Kerr and Harvie have suspensions. However Harvie‘s is for the development but IIRC Andrew Muir missed the opening league game for us because he got sent off in a development match.

Also thought the development league was over now the reserve league is back?

IMG_2620.jpg.cd04d0586766687a3175a4e25f49bfce.jpg
Was looking at the suspension list for league games and noticed both Kerr and Harvie have suspensions. However Harvie‘s is for the development but IIRC Andrew Muir missed the opening league game for us because he got sent off in a development match.

Ridiculous that a suspension from a booking is carried over to a new season for Kerr.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Ask him when was the last time he celebrated with the players and management he has followed all season in a local pub an hour or so after celebrating a league win on the pitch.

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_2620.jpg

The Development League has been replaced by the Reserve League. The SPFL clearly need to update their paperwork, there is no u17 league any more, it's now an u18 league.

I was at the game where Muir was sent off but I can't remember if it was a straight red or two yellows. It was a pre season match against BSC Glasgow.

Ask him when was the last time he celebrated with the players and management he has followed all season in a local pub an hour or so after celebrating a league win on the pitch.

Exactly this. Although Celtic fans might love the players and manager there is no bond between them. Our fans and players have a great bond and was definitely one of the things that helped us hold onto guys like Shankland, McDaid and even Adams.