The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I predict an uptick in tedious posters like ayrmad.

You just stick to your highlights packages and I'll worry about over-egging it for 5 weeks.

I've got so many Rangers fans to windup for 5 weeks in the real world.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Its a full month away 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:
1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:
Only good thing about the draw is that it is next week, so only a week of being patronised by Rangers fans with “this is your cup final” pish
Then gloating when they pump us with a squad that cost x1000 more to assemble that ours

25-27th September, so another month

Ah f**k

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Nah, most are not the real knuckledragging types, good guys apart from their choice of team.

Lucky you - the ones I know are knuckle draggin bigots with no sense of humour and who can't and won't ever understand people like me who support their local team.  Tragic.   

10 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Lucky you - the ones I know are knuckle draggin bigots with no sense of humour and who can't and won't ever understand people like me who support their local team.  Tragic.   

We must know the same people.

Just thinking there are BT allowed to broadcast live games from Ibrox?, know they're not allowed to in the league games but was just wondering if this applies in the league cup aswell, if it does that's a pisser. How many games can BT actually show from the quarters.

Also read that the week before the league cup Rangers could be in Europa action on Thursday night so their league game will be played on the Sunday, that means earliest they could play us would be the Wednesday. It could even be the Thursday though because they've got a league game against Livingston on the TV on the Sunday after our game.

All very complicating but would be amazed if it isn't on the TV, would just be our luck!

Edited by rb123!

Ooooh a shout out on BBC Breakfast on a Monday morning......albeit only because of the draw. Still nice to hear “championship side Ayr United” eating my cornflakes lol. 

Even if it is on TV, is it not a case that TV money is pooled and already allocated for clubs in the Betfred cup? Or is that the Scottish cup? Also seem to remember something about the home club retaining gate receipts......might not be as lucrative as some are making out, prize money won’t be that great neither. 

While a good cup game and run are enjoyable, the league is our bread and butter. 

40 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Ooooh a shout out on BBC Breakfast on a Monday morning......albeit only because of the draw. Still nice to hear “championship side Ayr United” eating my cornflakes lol. 

Even if it is on TV, is it not a case that TV money is pooled and already allocated for clubs in the Betfred cup? Or is that the Scottish cup? Also seem to remember something about the home club retaining gate receipts......might not be as lucrative as some are making out, prize money won’t be that great neither. 

While a good cup game and run are enjoyable, the league is our bread and butter. 

For a cup game the away team receives 40% of the gate receipts. The home team is allowed to deduct 20% from the overall total to cover match day expenses.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If there’s a decent crowd I don’t think we’ll be far off the 250K mark.

£200k gate money + prize money + any TV money.

Surely deserves a hats off to Lachlan & Co for not taking the cash for Shankland.