The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If Ayr were to win the title,  what is the club's position on the ground?  Is there still a 6000 all seater rule for the Premiership?

Pretty sure the regulations changed awhile ago meaning Somerset now complies with them.

Trying not to get carried away with thoughts like these but it’s hard not to.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure the regulations changed awhile ago meaning Somerset now complies with them.

Trying not to get carried away with thoughts like these but it’s hard not to.

It would be good to have an old school ground in the Premiership for a season or so.

Might seem far fetched, but surely the board have to make plans in case it comes to pass.  I would think it's pretty unlikely, but in an open league where no team looks like a standout, it could be the ideal season to do well.

It would be good to have an old school ground in the Premiership for a season or so.
Might seem far fetched, but surely the board have to make plans in case it comes to pass.  I would think it's pretty unlikely, but in an open league where no team looks like a standout, it could be the ideal season to do well.

Just checked and in order to gain entry to the Premiership you need a Bronze award and apparently we’ve got one.

We have lost 3 games since the cup defeat to the rangers in February that must be about the best record in the country, I honestly think the way we won the the league is part of this these players believe that the impossible is possible. Ian McCall has transformed our club from top to bottom what ever happens this season he needs one hell of a pat on the back.

From watching the post match interviews with McCall i'm trying to work out if he's just playing down the Rangers game on Wednesday night or geuniunly not bothered about it, for one minute i can't imaging that he ain't looking at an upset in that Rangers game.

Do agree though that it ain't ideal it not being until Wednesday which is a quick turnaround for Saturday.

17 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

How much has Allan Forrest kicked on this season, he's obviously worked hard pre season on his build, glad to see him getting a proper injury free run in the team.

It's taken a while, can't believe it's taken him 5 years to get to where he is today after the ability he showed in his very early appearances, personally I still think he should have been working on his build since his debut or before, now looks like he could carve out a decent career for himself.

This time last season I didn't think he was upto starting in a League One winning side, now he looks at home in the Championship.

Edited by ayrmad

It's taken a while, can't believe it's taken him 5 years to get to where he is today after the ability he showed in his very early appearances, personally I still think he should have been working on his build since his debut or before, now looks like he could carve out a decent career for himself.
Yeah the penny seams to have dropped for him maybe the influence of Shankland, Moore, Moff and Higgins who all do or did some kind of personal training has helped

19 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

How much has Allan Forrest kicked on this season, he's obviously worked hard pre season on his build, glad to see him getting a proper injury free run in the team.

Been more consistent so far than Crawford I'd say, not that Robbie hasn't been good but he hasn't quite maintained the form he showed in the first couple of league games, whereas Alan has been been pretty influential in, at least all the games I've seen him

27 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
31 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Yeah the penny seams to have dropped for him maybe the influence of Shankland, Moore, Moff and Higgins who all do or did some kind of personal training has helped

I heard that Moff has been doing PT sessions with him since the end of last season.

Does anyone have a spare ticket for the game on Wednesday night that they would be willing to part with? I thought I was working but the rota got rejigged for some reason and it turns out that I'm off that day.

I'll give you money and you will have the added benefit of sitting with me. What more could you ask for?