The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yes things are going very well for everyone at the club at the moment, except Shankland's hairline, that's not fairing so well

Pictorial proof required me thinks.

54 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We should really get a fund started for him,to keep his confidence high

Nah, why don't we just steal Raith's song for McGlynn. "Hes got no hair we don't care!"

On second thoughts, I'm with the crowdfunder.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yes things are going very well for everyone at the club at the moment, except Shankland's hairline, that's not fairing so well

I'll be setting the big fermer on you if you keep that patter up.

3 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Well done again boys - keep on defying the odds. Gave you some pelters before your game against us but you are the best team I have seen at Dens for a long time. If you keep that team together you will be a half decent top tier team next season. And you will keep the dabs down :)

I'm already dreaming of an 8 point advantage after 8 games.

Recently promoted Ayr have narrowed dramatically down to 15/2 for the Championship outright!
Topping the table, the prospect of the Honest Men doing a Livvy becomes more real week by week.
giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb0224858743355510f42a7&key=70e49bd21944d2d6ed7a1a7822d0609a6d336676db142f568910961f828a3443

Don’t lie. The prospect of Ayr being in the same league and 4 Ayrshire derbies must excite you just a tiny bit.

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

Getting turned over at Palmerston is starting to look like a real blessing in disguise. Doubt any of us would be happy with 8th place now.

True, I've been impressed at how we've come back from defeat. Especially after getting pumped by Queens then being 2 nil down to Falkirk at HT and then winning that game. This team has a lot of heart.

Inevitably we'll go on a bad run at some point but I'm confident this team will bounce back.

As for 8th place, I'm starting to aspire for more.

True, I've been impressed at how we've come back from defeat. Especially after getting pumped by Queens then being 2 nil down to Falkirk at HT and then winning that game. This team has a lot of heart.
Inevitably we'll go on a bad run at some point but I'm confident this team will bounce back.
As for 8th place, I'm starting to aspire for more.

Yip seen enough now to think we can comfortably compete at this level. Will we win the league? Probably not, but as for top 4 why not?

The thing that's struck me the most so far this season is the way we are actually controlling most of the matches and dictating the play, being honest I didn't think we'd be capable of this but it just goes to show how far this team have come on and also how well McCall and Stewart have drilled them tactically.

I always look back on the Glynn Hurst Cappielow destruction or the 4-3 Motherwell cup victory at Fir Park with Teale and Tarrant turning it on or even the 4-3 comeback victory at Cappielow in 91.

Every week is now a joy to be an Ayr fan (well apart from Palmerston) and it's especially great for the younger fans who have now got the games such as yesterday and the Falkirk comeback which they will remember for years to come and many of them won't have had these sort of experiences due to us being stuck in the seaside league or being cannon fodder in this league for at least a decade.

At last, happiness has well and truly returned and it's just great to be an Ayr fan just now........................

On 30/09/2018 at 06:51, placidcasual said:

Getting turned over at Palmerston is starting to look like a real blessing in disguise. Doubt any of us would be happy with 8th place now.

I would both be disappointed and delighted with 8th place.  It's clear we can do so much better than that but we then haven't fallen straight out the league so it's still a massive step given the last 3 goes :lol:

At no point last season did I think we’d find ourselves top of the table with the first quarter about to finish. Especially after the Alloa game. For that reason alone I’d still take 8th as it would be a big improvement on recent years but every fan now knows what this team can do and if we get wins against Dundee Utd and Ross County then I’ll be fully on board with the idea we could actually win this thing. In fact a win and a draw would be sensational.

Until then I’ll choose to believe that as long as we stay up then everything else is a bonus.

I dare say most people thought McCall was brave to publicly shoot for the playoffs in pre-season, especially given that this is by and large the same personnel as last year.

Importantly, while it isn't a one-man team, obviously it's not on McCall alone that they've managed to twice pick themselves up immediately from doings. There isn't a club in this division with the same mental spirit as Ayr.