The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Didn't one teams fans in this league boo their own players once when they came out for the second half, and one of the players started crying?  Sure I remember reading that one here once

I’m pretty sure it was Lee Robinson. Not sure who he was playing for at the time but I heard that as well.

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

In defence of D'Jaffo, Moore is all we have tbh. In comparison to other strikers in the league: Mckay, Dobbie and El Bakhtaoui, he's nowhere near that standard. Yet is all Ayr have atm, if anyone knows a better striker Ayr could get on the cheap, let us know. 

The boy from Edinburgh City looks like he would be decent. Henderson?  I would be happy if Queens took a punt on him too.

10 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

I actually thought the reaction at the end was quite restrained.  Most of us just wanted up the road I think.  I’m pretty sure most fans would be upset at losing to a junior side, especially in that manner.

Agreed. My post was more towards the guy who seemed to hint at being raging at Harvie having a go at a fan, and having been to games in previous weeks and having to sit through some absolutely shocking abuse directed at our players. I don’t think we’re any worse than most, just a significant number of hardcore football fans in general I think are a bit scummy.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're sitting 3 points off the top, 7 points of a cushion in the play-offs, 20 points off the bottom and 19 off the bottom play-off spot all with a game in hand. Have a word with yourself ffs. Even the most delusional Ayr United fan would have sniggered if you offered that before a ball was kicked.

If you finish 5th it's still been an excellent season for you, outwith this result.

Spot on. The overreactions in recent weeks and particularly today are hilarious and annoying in equal measure. Don’t get me wrong we have looked shite for a while, but we’re still in a ridiculously good position for a team coming up from League 1. The way people are going on you’d think we were bottom.

4 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Ayr play a good passing game but today was not a day for that .

Strange McCall saying not worth risking Shankland surely he could have been on the bench to bring on with 15 mins to go even a half fit Shankland is worth a risk .

Definitely a better option than Steven Bell, thats for sure.

Ayr play a good passing game but today was not a day for that .
Strange McCall saying not worth risking Shankland surely he could have been on the bench to bring on with 15 mins to go even a half fit Shankland is worth a risk .

He wasn’t fit

Shankland came off the bench in a similar game up at Queens Park earlier in the season and it made no difference. Thought our best Shields were when we got Murdoch on the ball, but it didn't happen enough. Presumably he was subbed because he'd been booked.

If we had been given the stonewall penalty in the first half perhaps we could've avoided this conversation, so maybe a good thing we weren't.

The only positive from today is it’ll only highlight our need to recruit one or two players.

I also don’t believe that our season is destined to go downhill from here. A win on Friday night will put us top of the table (until Saturday at least) and we’ll be back in the driving seat for the title.

Ross County are no great side, they’ve struggled to break teams down recently and I’m still confident of winning this league. However there’s work to be done, we need certain players back fit and the squad needs freshened up.

There's no doubt that this will have been a great season however it ends up, but there's also no doubt that our performance levels have gone right downhill over the past couple of months.

There may be quite a few reasons for this, ranging from injuries to key players such as Forrest, Kerr, Adams and more recently Shankland and Smith or it could be that the heavy pitches don't quite suit our fast passing style so well, or it might even be the fact that fatigue is catching up with our small squad, or it may even be that transfer speculation has unsettled a few, who knows ?? 

Having said that, they're probably having similar discussions on the Ross County, Dundee Utd and virtually every other clubs thread in this league as everyone has struggled recently, there's no consistency from any of the teams and hence the reason that despite our recent trials and tribulations we will go back to the top of the league with a home win on Friday night.

You'll find no suicide attempts from me (just yet), however our league situation aside, that was one of the poorest Ayr performances I've seen in years today. We had no fight, we had no passion, we had no ideas and we were just pathetic. All credit to Talbot but I bet they couldn't believe how easy we made it for them.

I also agree that we were all pretty restrained at the end with just a few token "boos" ringing out and while I 100% agree we should be getting behind and supporting the team, that is a two way street and I'm afraid that too many of our players today just didn't look interested, which in my book is unforgivable.

Anyway, we'll probably all get over this debacle by about Wednesday or Thursday and then we can get our confidence back to go and give United another doing and this can all be forgotten about, here's hoping....................

A hard day for Ayr today, almost a no win situation i.e,  win by 5 goals thats expected or draw at the very worst,but one bad result should not detract Ayr supporters from what your team has achieved so far.Your display against Dundee United only a few weeks ago was tremendous, and that form will return once this sticky patch is over, every team will have one at some point in the season.The width of Beechwood made it hard for Ayr to get wide and with Talbot sitting in having 5 players across midfield would stifle most teams, as well as being a very fit bunch of lads, never tired as Ayr might have expected.The Ayr support contributed to a day the people of Auchinleck will never forget and i hope Ayr going on to promotion to the premier league will make amends for todays result.

Gary Naysmith saying in his interview he revived a call from an agent about a club inquiring for one of his players.

No idea who it is or what player but Todd, Dykes, Stirling would all improve our team.

Just a thought.

Some of our fans need to have a lye down. Saying Craig Moore is no better than junior level is quite clearly mental.

And those saying our season has turned to shit - have a word with yourself.
I think you're overestimating the difference between lower leagues and juniors, especially in a one off game.

Moore is a hard working finisher but he's never sustained it at championship level, and I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest he's a junior level striker (because the difference between league 1 and the juniors is not that big).

I think you're overestimating the difference between lower leagues and juniors, especially in a one off game.

Moore is a hard working finisher but he's never sustained it at championship level, and I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest he's a junior level striker (because the difference between league 1 and the juniors is not that big).

I think the difference between Auchinleck and League 1 isn’t that big but it’s a jump from the rest of the juniors.