The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Our season has turned to shit very quickly. I reckon we can even rule out the playoffs at this stage. 

I think we’ll be 3rd come Saturday and if Queens wins they’ll be 3 points off us.

Playoffs would still be an achievement but it’s far from guaranteed. It’s also too early to say we’re definitely going to slip out.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think we’ll be 3rd come Saturday and if Queens wins they’ll be 3 points off us.

Playoffs would still be an achievement but it’s far from guaranteed. It’s also too early to say we’re definitely going to slip out.

Too early? We’ve not one in like 7 games so it’s not too early at all.

Teams have worked us out and we’ve got nothing to conquer it with. 

Sad state of affairs. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Agree with this.

Also think the BoD need to step forward and back the manager. If we want to compete at the sharp end we need to strengthen.

By signing no-one we lose ground as our rivals strengthen.

Too early? We’ve not one in like 7 games so it’s not too early at all.
Teams have worked us out and we’ve got nothing to conquer it with. 
Sad state of affairs. 

It’s too early as we’re still 2nd and closer to Ross County than we are to Inverness and we’ve got a game in hand.

If however we’re sitting 4th fighting off whoever is 5th then I’ll worry. For now though I’m confident we’ll finish in the play offs.

I do wonder if all clubs’ supports are as toxic as ours or if we are genuinely worse. It’s incresibke how quickly we turn on the team, and specifically target certain players. Maybe everywhere else is just as bad but I’d hate to play for Ayr.
I'm sure in your head we're the worst that's ever been.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I do wonder if all clubs’ supports are as toxic as ours or if we are genuinely worse. It’s incresibke how quickly we turn on the team, and specifically target certain players. Maybe everywhere else is just as bad but I’d hate to play for Ayr.

A Dunfermline fan stuck up the middle finger right at on of their players when he came over to them at the end

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don't think we are any worse. That said, I dont attend any games of other teams so dont know for sure.

After today's performace,  the focus should be on those on the pitch not those in the stands though.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah it’s as if losing to Junior Jobbers should just be laughed off. 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

One of the things that stood out to was the amount of 50/50s Harvie completely shat out of, particularly in the first half. I dunno what was said to him but he was awful.

I've noticed that McDaid and McGuffie also piss their pants when it comes to a 50/50

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

A Dunfermline fan stuck up the middle finger right at on of their players when he came over to them at the end

Didn't one teams fans in this league boo their own players once when they came out for the second half, and one of the players started crying?  Sure I remember reading that one here once

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I actually thought the reaction at the end was quite restrained.  Most of us just wanted up the road I think.  I’m pretty sure most fans would be upset at losing to a junior side, especially in that manner.

Our season has turned to shit very quickly.

You're sitting 3 points off the top, 7 points of a cushion in the play-offs, 20 points off the bottom and 19 off the bottom play-off spot all with a game in hand. Have a word with yourself ffs. Even the most delusional Ayr United fan would have sniggered if you offered that before a ball was kicked.

If you finish 5th it's still been an excellent season for you, outwith this result.