The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Decent signing imo. Can play a number of positions. Pretty low risk too with it being a deal until the end of the season.

Do you think that’s us done for January? Still think we could do with a CB, Winger and possibly another CM.  Even if we could get 1 or 2 of them I’d be relatively happy. 

Decent signing imo. Can play a number of positions. Pretty low risk too with it being a deal until the end of the season.
Do you think that’s us done for January? Still think we could do with a CB, Winger and possibly another CM.  Even if we could get 1 or 2 of them I’d be relatively happy. 

Reckon another 2. CB and a midfielder to replace Kerr.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, you can't sign loans outside the window. Other than 7 day emergency loans for goalkeepers only in the case of a medically verifiable injury or illness or international call ups.

An 'undisclosed fee' may not necessarily mean cash at this time (though granted Robbo's reply suggests it did). It could easily be a % of a future fee for instance.

We definitely payed cash up front to Rangers 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Have you seen him play ? Just looking to see why you are underwhelmed , Lots of people said why are we signing a young boy from Ipswich on loan , he looked pretty decent on Saturday 

Gillespie has played 200 games for Hamilton and then Dundee  United , Raytheon Rivers and Derry City , experience is what’s needed 

I've saw him play at Raith last season and he was hardly great shakes in League 1. Hopefully he can re-capture his form when he was at Hamilton. But i do need a bit of convincing from it.

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Have you seen him play ? Just looking to see why you are underwhelmed , Lots of people said why are we signing a young boy from Ipswich on loan , he looked pretty decent on Saturday 

Gillespie has played 200 games for Hamilton and then Dundee  United , Raith  Rovers  and Derry City , experience is what’s needed 

Just had a quick chat with one of my Accies season ticket holding mates and he rated him when he played with them.

Defensive Centre Mid, good passer, gets stuck in, annoys the opposition and generally a fans favourite from what I've been told. Can also play at RB which also gives us additional cover there.

Just now, WATTOO said:

Just had a quick chat with one of my Accies season ticket holding mates and he rated him when he played with them.

Defensive Centre Mid, good passer, gets stuck in, annoys the opposition and generally a fans favourite from what I've been told. Can also play at RB which also gives us additional cover there.

Aye, being Andy Geggan but without goals is basically his hing. 

Always comes across like a proud da. 
Looks a decent size as well, could he fill our Jamie Adams shaped void? 

Hope so

If he does well and stays beyond the summer he’ll probably be a decent replacement for Docherty.

That's probably the idea, prove in the remainder of this season he's an able replacement.
Think he's 5'10", if we're talking filling voids!
My mate who supports DU says he was decent in their absolutely howling team from early last season.

Hope so

If he does well and stays beyond the summer he’ll probably be a decent replacement for Docherty.

In getting my weekly wee pies frae the bakers, and met a Hamilton fan who rated Gillespie highly and thought he was gonna have a good career and rated him a good signing, he was also surprised we didn’t go for McKinnon and that he feels Hamilton are missing him.