The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Ooft what a January this could turn out to be, think the boy Nbada could be an 12/18 month loan deal potentially because 6 months seems a bit daft, especially with it being adressed that we already have Bell, Muirhead and Roscoe, unless Muirhead is departing us this month or Roscoe is going somewhere on loan.

I think more realistically the player leaving us this month could be McGuffie, he's way down the order now and i think it could be either a loan now to give him one last chance to merit the club giving him a new contract in the summer or he'll just be released now. IMO it just hasn't worked out for him for whatever reason but he'll probably rock up at Thistle for McCall to turn him into a worldie of a winger.

Not really bothered about who the CM is cause as long as Doc doesn't leave we're already pretty strong there with Gillespie coming in, seems to be odds on though for either McShane or Tidser so will be interesting to see if Kerr hangs his boots up now or plays on until the end of the season, personally i think he's playing brilliantly atm and should carry on until the summer.

Edited by rb123!

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

@Robbo63

Are we waiting until Friyay for signings or because the match is on Friday will they be announced on Thursday?

Led to believe all done before Fridays game , still waiting on an agreement to get everything completed , likely hear in Ayrshire Post tomorrow night 

Edited by Robbo63

I can’t ever recall a loan longer than than 6 months at this time of year at our level. If we can get him until the end of the season I’ll be happy and I’d imagine Kerr won’t want to be overly reliant on loans next season. I’d be asking after Doohan and Kelly again but we’ll have to be very lucky to get others that make as big an impact as they have.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t ever recall a loan longer than than 6 months at this time of year at our level. If we can get him until the end of the season I’ll be happy and I’d imagine Kerr won’t want to be overly reliant on loans next season. I’d be asking after Doohan and Kelly again but we’ll have to be very lucky to get others that make as big an impact as they have.

Only chance of getting those two back is if we go up.

Agreed! I think they would actually want us to take them on loan if we went up! Would be crap missing them for the matches against the OF though!

I’m not getting ahead of myself! I’m just dreaming of meeting Killie in the play off final and relegating them! Probably won’t happen but I can dream

I love how these topics ebb and flow between complete and utter despair / elation and everything in between. 

Ndaba's somehow transformed into a Van Dijk / Frank Rolling prototype before anyone's even seen him kick a ball. He's played 46 minutes of senior football for Hemel Hempstead in the National League North. Time for a bit of realism, we're actually well served for centre halves. 

Now a quality centre midfielder and I might join in the excitement. 😂😂

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That was said about Doohan last season and here we are.

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Bell in midfield would do me. He could do the Kerr role, if the gaffer wants a break.

Bell like Kerr? No way Bell has Kerr's passing range or touch. Bell is a better centre half than centre midfielder by some distance. I remember him and Adams playing in centre midfield and kicking everything that moved up at Raith in our promotion season. Glorious as it was hes no Kerr.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

That was said about Doohan last season and here we are.

Bell like Kerr? No way Bell has Kerr's passing range or touch. Bell is a better centre half than centre midfielder by some distance. I remember him and Adams playing in centre midfield and kicking everything that moved up at Raith in our promotion season. Glorious as it was hes no Kerr.

Got to agree Bell is never as good a player as Kerr (midfield) but up at Raith it was a joy to watch :lol:

Aye, fair point.

11 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Got to agree Bell is never as good a player as Kerr (midfield) but up at Raith it was a joy to watch :lol:

Yeah, I was chuffed to get the draw given our injuries. However, if memory serves we should have had a pen for a foul on Shankland? That was before we signed Kerr to think that was just over 2 years ago? A fair bit has happened since! 🤣