The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-shop-orders/

Club says they hope to get strips sent out at the beginning of July if Government guidance allows. 

How come someone from the club isn't allowed to go in and post out online orders but other businesses can?

Friend of mine has online ordered stuff from a baby boutique store in Ayr and received her stuff.

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Absolutely agree, I just don’t get it.

Because everyone at Ayr United are furloughed , so they can’t do the job , all orders come from club shop which unfortunately the government class as non essential , suppose baby clothes could by classed as essential 

Edited by Robbo63

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Because everyone at Ayr United are furloughed , so they can’t do the job , all orders come from club shop which unfortunately the government class as non essential , suppose baby clothes could by classed as essential 

All clothes are essential, football tops could be included in that 😉

Imagine people could still go to Tenerife or Salou...what the hell would the Celtic fans wear if they couldn't get their tops? :lol:

Just now, mugen_power said:

All clothes are essential, football tops could be included in that 😉

Imagine people could still go to Tenerife or Salou...what the hell would the Celtic fans wear if they couldn't get their tops? :lol:

Unfortunately government does not agree , we have tried to reopen but told we are not seen as essential, the club are doing everything they can following guidelines 

36 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Unfortunately government does not agree , we have tried to reopen but told we are not seen as essential, the club are doing everything they can following guidelines 

Our club shop is open for online sales and has been since early May. All our staff are furloughed but its not staff dealing with it. I process orders remotely (I'm not an employee) and a volunteer picks the stuff up every other day and another arranges postage. Its not illegal to operate a non essential retail business remotely. Amazon are still trading! 

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Our club shop is open for online sales and has been since early May. All our staff are furloughed but its not staff dealing with it. I process orders remotely (I'm not an employee) and a volunteer picks the stuff up every other day and another arranges postage. Its not illegal to operate a non essential retail business remotely. Amazon are still trading! 

Our shop is closed as no one employed to put stock through till , who opens your shop to get the goods ? We have no one  working at stadium only person working is working from home , it’s not as issue anyway as the website states all orders will be posted out when government allows shop to open , 

14 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Our shop is closed as no one employed to put stock through till , who opens your shop to get the goods ? We have no one  working at stadium only person working is working from home , it’s not as issue anyway as the website states all orders will be posted out when government allows shop to open , 

A keyholder. There are several who are not employees. I have keys but havent actually done it myself as I am busy with my own work.

Point is its not illegal to operate the shop for online sales. Its not illegal for staff to do it either though they would have to come off furlough obviously and that certainly wouldnt be worth it for us and presumably isnt for you since you arent doing so. That's a commercial decision though, not because its non essential. Plenty non essential businesses are operating online and mail order, including several football clubs. We wouldnt be open either if we needed staff to do it, it wouldnt be worth it. We found a way to do it with assistance from some of our volunteers, directors and trusted fans. 

I suppose once part time work return is allowed for furloughed staff in July that might be an ideal opportunity for your scenario to see someone from staff process and pick up orders for an hour or two a week?

45 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

A keyholder. There are several who are not employees. I have keys but havent actually done it myself as I am busy with my own work.

Point is its not illegal to operate the shop for online sales. Its not illegal for staff to do it either though they would have to come off furlough obviously and that certainly wouldnt be worth it for us and presumably isnt for you since you arent doing so. That's a commercial decision though, not because its non essential. Plenty non essential businesses are operating online and mail order, including several football clubs. We wouldnt be open either if we needed staff to do it, it wouldnt be worth it. We found a way to do it with assistance from some of our volunteers, directors and trusted fans. 

I suppose once part time work return is allowed for furloughed staff in July that might be an ideal opportunity for your scenario to see someone from staff process and pick up orders for an hour or two a week?

Ayr United are always going on about how they've got an amazing group of volunteers...

Basically what it boils down to is we don't have an amazing group of volunteers after all

Just now, mugen_power said:

Ayr United are always going on about how they've got an amazing group of volunteers...

Basically what it boils down to is we don't have an amazing group of volunteers after all

Well to be fair you can have an amazing group of volunteers without any of them actually having keys to the place! Or being suitably close to pick stuff up on their daily exercise, etc. We found a way, doesnt follow that Ayr or anyone else can. I was just making the point that is perfectly feasible to still retail non essential items on a distance basis if you can get the right people involved or its commercially worthwhile to pay staff to do it. 

20 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I’m sure if the club had put a statement out asking for volunteers to help with orders plenty of folk would do it (me included). They always seem to get a fair few fans going along and helping with painting/weeding etc before the season starts. Wonder if that will be happening this year

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

You are totally wrong , we have fantastic volunteers  willing to do anything the club asks , the shop was closed when instructed and a message was put on all websites stating any orders would be posted  when store re opened after lockdown , what is the issue with that , folk moaning for moaning sake , not all clubs are posting out , I also ordered a ice hockey top was told it would be six weeks for delivery due to lockdown I will wait the six weeks and not go online and complain about something that I knew they would not be delivering immediately 

Edited by Robbo63

The club have done the right thing in furloughing staff and volunteers, they have also done the right thing in trying to get money in the bank having the new strip on sale early with a caveat that it will be sent out when it is safe to do so. 

If the club could absorb the cost of paying a full time member of staff to send out web orders (although lone worker issues may apply) Then I am sure they would. 

I ordered my kit on the first day it was released and if I don't see it till August, I am ok with that.

One of the 'just a bad flu' lads will be along shortly to tell us about how it's a DISGRACE a member of staff isn't taking unnecessary risks so they can wear a bit of cloth with bitcoin on it. 

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club have done the right thing in furloughing staff and volunteers, they have also done the right thing in trying to get money in the bank having the new strip on sale early with a caveat that it will be sent out when it is safe to do so. 

If the club could absorb the cost of paying a full time member of staff to send out web orders (although lone worker issues may apply) Then I am sure they would. 

I ordered my kit on the first day it was released and if I don't see it till August, I am ok with that.

You will get it long before August , and I can only agree with everything you have said in your post , there are COVID-19 instructions from the government that need to be completed and implemented instore before anyone can enter shop to complete any tasks 

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

One of the 'just a bad flu' lads will be along shortly to tell us about how it's a DISGRACE a member of staff isn't taking unnecessary risks so they can wear a bit of cloth with bitcoin on it. 

You are correct ,some  people just don’t listen , government guidelines are totally clear , NO travelling unless for essential tasks 

Edited by Robbo63

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Will be next month due to firm producing kit on part time working hours I believe 

Good luck with Hummel,  Airdrie had them a couple of seasons ago and I think we were lucky to get the strips for November due to Humnnel constantly failing on delivery promises and constant moving of the goalposts....  Quality was quite good though.