The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

We were slipping alarmingly and truth be told would have been highly unlikely to have made the top 4 if the season had been played to a conclusion. 

I don't agree, we had just come off a very hard run of games and our next few were against sides which had posed us very little threat. Over and above this I don't feel we were ever that bad with the exception of the home match v Morton.

Irrespective, we along with Dundee / Arbroath were denied the opportunity.

Just listened to a really interesting interview with Bill Clark the Raith Rovers owner over on Raith TV. The main points from the article 

- It’s expected the first game of the new season will be a Betfred Cup game on or around 7th October.

- League to kick off on or around the 17th October 

- Players to be taking off Furlough and return to training middle of August giving them 6 weeks of training before season kicks off. Management team will be taking off furlough a couple of weeks previous to that to allow them to make signings etc.

- Season to start behind closed doors initially but hopes to have fans in Nov/Dec. If he’s been pessimistic it could be January before fans return.

- When fans are allowed to return he reckons 20-25% of ground capacity will be allowed in. This will obviously increase if social distancing measures are reduced from 2m to 1m.

- The James Anderson Fund is 50k however clubs need to apply for it. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Sounds a positive link up. Wonder who’ll be modelling it? Hopefully our players rather than some random 

Hopefully some are allowed , not sure how furlough works in this , 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just listened to a really interesting interview with Bill Clark the Raith Rovers owner over on Raith TV. The main points from the article 

- It’s expected the first game of the new season will be a Betfred Cup game on or around 7th October.

- League to kick off on or around the 17th October 

- Players to be taking off Furlough and return to training middle of August giving them 6 weeks of training before season kicks off. Management team will be taking off furlough a couple of weeks previous to that to allow them to make signings etc.

- Season to start behind closed doors initially but hopes to have fans in Nov/Dec. If he’s been pessimistic it could be January before fans return.

- When fans are allowed to return he reckons 20-25% of ground capacity will be allowed in. This will obviously increase if social distancing measures are reduced from 2m to 1m.

- The James Anderson Fund is 50k however clubs need to apply for it. 

Surely this isn’t set in stone? I see no reason why we need to start behind closed doors if there is no second wave. By the time Jan rolls round we’ll have the usual flu outbreaks and folk will be fearful of that 😏

Surely this isn’t set in stone? I see no reason why we need to start behind closed doors if there is no second wave. By the time Jan rolls round we’ll have the usual flu outbreaks and folk will be fearful of that [emoji57]

Because we are still working within the guidelines set out by the government and it’s likely it’ll be Nov/Dec before we are in the appropriate phase that allows crowds to gather.

Scottish football isn’t going to go it’s own way if the government has already set out clear guidelines.

Because we are still working within the guidelines set out by the government and it’s likely it’ll be Nov/Dec before we are in the appropriate phase that allows crowds to gather.

Scottish football isn’t going to go it’s own way if the government has already set out clear guidelines.
If there's no major second spike i can't see us not being in phase 4 by August. So fingers crossed.

Would be good if we could get an update akin to the Raith one even if it was just a written statement from Cameron.

I’d imagine now that the 27 game league has been agreed a fixture list will need to be drawn up so that clubs can properly price and sell season tickets.

Are our players contracted to the end of June or July? I’ve seen stuff that some clubs have gone for the latter but I’m sure we only gave out month long extensions at the end of April.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would be good if we could get an update akin to the Raith one even if it was just a written statement from Cameron.

I reckon we'll hear something in the next couple of days. Lachlan's communication has been much improved and given how much he has disclosed wrt. end of season and reconstruction I expect a statement is imminent.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d imagine now that the 27 game league has been agreed a fixture list will need to be drawn up so that clubs can properly price and sell season tickets.

Are our players contracted to the end of June or July? I’ve seen stuff that some clubs have gone for the latter but I’m sure we only gave out month long extensions at the end of April.

SPFL press release on wesbite states  league fixture scheduling will now begin since it has been decided with team numbers etc. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-confirms-12-10-10-10-league-structure-for-n

16 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye I know. Only posted that to show what the “bee logo” was I was meaning 🤣

No bee logo on strip , smart outfit,  but will not be to every fans liking ( no strip ever will be ) majority will like it 

Edited by Robbo63