The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We were basically a baw hair away from getting Harvie on a new deal with a release clause but Covid basically fucked that up. Kerr confirms he’s definitely going and we’ll get a bit of money for him.

Says probably roughly another 5 signings with 2 or 3 being for the top end of the pitch. Obviously needs a goalkeeper and another central midfielder to partner Murdoch.

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ayrshire Post has just dropped boys. It was obviously released before the new signings as has no mention of them however mentions the 4 re-signings.

Kerr won’t be rushed into signings however has spoken with a number of targets. The squad will be slightly lighter in numbers than normal.  He is going to continue playing however isn’t wanting to play as much as before

Frustratingly he said a new deal was almost agreed with Danny Harvie before COVID19 and he’s now on his way to MK Dons. 

Will be strange to see the boo boys boo Reading for the first year while comparing him to Harvie who they booed for the first year before deciding he was good.  

Just watched the Kerr interview and the main points I took from it were 

- Wants 4 or 5 more players. Not sure whether these will be permanent signings or loans.

- Daniel Harvie is offski.

- Truing to get Aaron Drinan back.

- Ellis Hare-Reid has been offered a new contract however wants to be first choice somewhere.

- No mention of Andy Geggan or Grant Gillespie. 

7 hours ago, Hursty said:

Will be strange to see the boo boys boo Reading for the first year while comparing him to Harvie who they booed for the first year before deciding he was good.  

Some of them might still think he's Harvie on past experience. Can remember a guy abusing Mick Dunlop for an entire game when he wasn't even on the park.......

Very tidy day yesterday, interview sounds very positive. Quite excited to see what appears over the next few weeks. Really hope Drinan will be back, he looked better every time I saw him last year, in particular his performance against Inverness stands out. 

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We were basically a baw hair away from getting Harvie on a new deal with a release clause but Covid basically fucked that up. Kerr confirms he’s definitely going and we’ll get a bit of money for him.

He also admits it's irrelevant though and he still wouldn't be here now. The difference I presume is if he'd signed it there would have been a fixed non-negotiable fee to transfer whilst as it stands you'll have to negotiate a compensation  package and may potentially have to go to a tribunal if you can't agree one. Presumably Ayr's starting point in negotiations will be whatever the provisionally agreed release value was in the first place.

He also admits it's irrelevant though and he still wouldn't be here now. The difference I presume is if he'd signed it there would have been a fixed non-negotiable fee to transfer whilst as it stands you'll have to negotiate a compensation  package and may potentially have to go to a tribunal if you can't agree one. Presumably Ayr's starting point in negotiations will be whatever the provisionally agreed release value was in the first place.

Yeah I know. Even with the new contract I don’t think he would’ve stayed. However the release clause in his contract would probably be more than what we’ll end up getting for him. Unless of course MK Dons just agree to match what we were going to put in his contract.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think it's all agreed and the club are fairly content with what they've got out of it.  Although given the amount of talent that was able to walk out the door for nothing I'm not sure what that figure would be (I'm sure FIFA has guidance of around £60,000, I think we would actually prefer to go lower and include a sell on %).

Let’s face it, we shouldn’t have a player like Harvie for more than a couple of years max.

Getting better with each game, stand out in the league, international caps.

If we can have them at all, for any length of time, and get some good game time out them, surely as a second tier club in Scotland that’s a positive.

The club’s stock is on the rise because of players like Harvie, but also because they can get good moves for themselves off the back of it.

Not many lifers with testimonials out there anymore.

Excited with the new signings already!

35 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I know. Even with the new contract I don’t think he would’ve stayed. However the release clause in his contract would probably be more than what we’ll end up getting for him. Unless of course MK Dons just agree to match what we were going to put in his contract.

Out of interest could he voluntarily include an additional clause in our favour like Rose was reported to have done when he moved to Coventry? 

Just a thought. 

18 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Out of interest could he voluntarily include an additional clause in our favour like Rose was reported to have done when he moved to Coventry? 

Just a thought. 

I’m told the club got £40k and a 20% sell on deal .  If Russel Martin can bring him on another 20 % then it’ll be the Championship for Danny the following season one way or another .

I’m told the club got £40k and a 20% sell on deal .  If Russel Martin can bring him on another 20 % then it’ll be the Championship for Danny the following season one way or another .
Aye, ok Scoop. The voices in your head don't really count as a source.

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He is doing Pre-season with Celtic, he did that last year as well and joined us after their summer training camp

I really hope he comes back - been outstanding for us.