The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Interesting how Kerr seems to only be planning for one new CM, bit concerning considering we've lost Kelly and Docherty in the middle of the park. Suppose though Murdoch could be seen as a new signing coming into that area of the pitch. 

He says 4 or 5 more signings to come, presume that'll be 1xGK, 1xST, 1xWG, 1xCM and maybe one versatile guy like Geggan who can cover multiple areas over the middle and back of the pitch, doubt Geggan will be back, too injury prone. Other signing could be CB if Kerr wants to play Muirhead in CDM, have to wait and see. 

Also @Robbo63 wasn't wrong when he said about the works behind the scenes!!! Didn't realise there was so much space under the stand for the club to design with for modified boardroom and players lounge etc. 

Interesting how Kerr seems to only be planning for one new CM, bit concerning considering we've lost Kelly and Docherty in the middle of the park. Suppose though Murdoch could be seen as a new signing coming into that area of the pitch. 
He says 4 or 5 more signings to come, presume that'll be 1xGK, 1xST, 1xWG, 1xCM and maybe one versatile guy like Geggan who can cover multiple areas over the middle and back of the pitch, doubt Geggan will be back, too injury prone. Other signing could be CB if Kerr wants to play Muirhead in CDM, have to wait and see. 
Also [mention=65463]Robbo63[/mention] wasn't wrong when he said about the works behind the scenes!!! Didn't realise there was so much space under the stand for the club to design with for modified boardroom and players lounge etc. 

He did say there could be 3 signings for the forward areas so that could be a striker, replacement for Kelly since he was more of an attacking midfielder and then another forward.

And aye I’d rather we slotted Aero into midfield and signed a centre back to partner Bell.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He did say there could be 3 signings for the forward areas so that could be a striker, replacement for Kelly since he was more of an attacking midfielder and then another forward.

And aye I’d rather we slotted Aero into midfield and signed a centre back to partner Bell.

He did say at one point about having the 3 CB's on board now with Roscoe aswell as Aero and Bell so he could be content with that. Looking back over the last few seasons i don't think we've ever run with more than 3 CB's. Correct me if i'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He did say at one point about having the 3 CB's on board now with Roscoe aswell as Aero and Bell so he could be content with that. Looking back over the last few seasons i don't think we've ever run with more than 3 CB's. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Nathan Baird got POTY at the junior team he was at last season (Cumnock I think!) so if he is still there I suppose he could be 4th choice incase of injuries. 

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Any good GKs still without a club? Can see us getting one of the younger lads on loan from an OF club at this rate (which may not be a bad thing)

Danny Rogers and Owain Fon Williams are the two who immediately spring to mind. Think Ryan Scully is also avaliable but he’s a bit of a bomb scare. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Danny Rogers and Owain Fon Williams are the two who immediately spring to mind. Think Ryan Scully is also avaliable but he’s a bit of a bomb scare. 

Think Rogers will go to our neighbours if they offer him a deal. OFW would be decent if for nothing else but he’d be able to paint us a lovely Somerset scene 😂 Scully? Jeez I hopefully not 

Scully is looking to go part time. Very much a confidence based keeper. Seen him go from one of the best young goalies in Scotland to probably not good enough for the championship in the space of a few years. Odd one.

31 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
54 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Scully is looking to go part time. Very much a confidence based keeper. Seen him go from one of the best young goalies in Scotland to probably not good enough for the championship in the space of a few years. Odd one.

He was always shite, you guys just overrated him. 

Any good GKs still without a club? Can see us getting one of the younger lads on loan from an OF club at this rate (which may not be a bad thing)

Personally I would much rather have an experienced keeper than taking a chance on another kid. I know Doohan worked out well but I don’t want another Jordan Hart.

24 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
44 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
He was always shite, you guys just overrated him. 

Nah he was quality for 2 seasons.

Must have saved all his flappy hand stuff for against us and only us right? 

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Must have saved all his flappy hand stuff for against us and only us right? 

I'm sure since he was with us for 2 seasons, would've played you at least 8 times during that, you'll be able to fire up a good few videos of that? 

During his time at the club we never lost to Ayr.  He did make mistakes during those two seasons, but he won our Poty consecutively, as a loan player, for a very good reason. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Think Rogers will go to our neighbours if they offer him a deal. OFW would be decent if for nothing else but he’d be able to paint us a lovely Somerset scene 😂 Scully? Jeez I hopefully not 

The keeper is going to be the difficult one, there's not that many good ones out there (who're available) and it's highly unlikely that we're going to get someone of the quality of Doohan. Still, I hope i'm proved wrong and I'm very happy with our other signings so far.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm sure since he was with us for 2 seasons, would've played you at least 8 times during that, you'll be able to fire up a good few videos of that? 

During his time at the club we never lost to Ayr.  He did make mistakes during those two seasons, but he won our Poty consecutively, as a loan player, for a very good reason. 

Nae bother, I'll expend time scouring highlights and post them here where you will then just use your entrenched view that your shite goalkeeper was having an off day or it was just one mistake. Aye right. 

Nae bother, I'll expend time scouring highlights and post them here where you will then just use your entrenched view that your shite goalkeeper was having an off day or it was just one mistake. Aye right. 
Not an entrenched view at all. First spell with us he was very good. Second spell, not so much.